Grapes are a delicious way to get your body’s needed fruit supply for the day. Loaded with many health benefits with little calories, grapes are a good staple in a person’s diet. USDA Guidelines recommend filling your plate with half vegetables and fruit in order to maintain a healthy diet and maintain your overall health.
Benefits of Grapes
- Helps Lower Blood Pressure- Grapes help lower sodium levels in the body and are rich in potassium. They are often recommended for people with high blood pressure to help stabilize their blood pressure.
- Have Low Insulin- Grapes taste sweet but lack a lot of sugar, making it the perfect snack for someone with diabetes that needs to watch their blood sugar levels. Because grapes have lower insulin, grapes can help prevent you from developing type 2 diabetes.
- Eye Health– Grapes are great for eye health because they have been proven to stop the retina from deteriorating.
- Great For Dieting– If you are trying to watch your weight, grapes are what you need. At E.Armata, a produce distributor at the Hunts Point Produce Market, you can see the different types of grapes they have to offer. Grapes are great because they are low calorie but enough to satisfy your hunger.
- Can Prevent Heart Disease- The polyphenols found in grapes have been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease by relaxing the blood vessels in your body, allowing a healthy blood flow.
- Loaded with Fiber– Grapes are filled with fiber and water which can help aid constipation.
- They Are Great For On The Go– Grapes are perfect for people who are always on the go. They are light and small and do not need preparations which make carrying them in your bag a breeze.
- They Are Available Year Round- Grapes are never out of season, so luckily for you, you can eat them year round. Visit the Hunts Point Produce Market to see the vast selection of grapes available all throughout the year.
- Used With Everything- Grapes are easily incorporated into many different recipes. They go well with breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, and cocktails! Read more on the many different ways to incorporate grapes into your diet.
Want to learn more about our grape selection. Contact E.Armata located at the Hunts Point Produce Market today!