No matter how you prepare them, potatoes have an easily palatable texture and taste. This doesn’t just apply to regular potatoes, being that sweet potatoes are just as delicious with a sweeter kick to them. At E.Armata, we source only the finest quality potatoes at our Hunts Point Market distribution center. Contact us here.
What makes a sweet potato so different from a regular potato? It isn’t just the fact that sweet potatoes are naturally sweet and regular potatoes are not. In fact, the nutritional content of a sweet potato vs. a regular potato is quite different. For some quick facts about the nutrients that regular and sweet potatoes provide, read on.
Sweet Potato Nutrition
Sweet potatoes are a significant source of Vitamin A, with a medium-sized sweet potato averaging around four hundred and thirty-eight percent of your daily value (based on a 2,000 calorie per day diet). Vitamin A is known for the following health benefits:
- Eye health support
- Supports skin growth and repair
- Protection from dangerous environmental free-radicals
For a great source of vitamin A, visit us at E. Armata, located in Hunts Point Market.
Regular Potato Nutrition
Regular potatoes may actually have greater nutritional value than sweet potatoes. If you are looking for a wholesaler with a large selection of regular potatoes, contact us today for more information! Why? Medium-sized regular potatoes possess the following nutritional characteristics that medium-sized sweet potatoes do not:
- Ten percent of your daily iron need can be found in a regular potato, while only four percent of your iron need is found in a sweet potato of the same size.
- A greater amount of potassium than sweet potatoes
- More protein (five grams of protein in a regular potato vs. two grams in a sweet potato).
- A larger amount of carbohydrates (this is a benefit if you are looking to increase carb intake in your daily diet).
Whether or not the sweet potato is better tasting and more/less nutritional than a regular potato is ultimately up to you to decide, based on your individual needs and preferences. E. Armata is a produce distributor at Hunts Point Market. Contact us today to learn more.