Are you interested in eating fresh and sustainable during the month of October? Autumn fruits and vegetables are abundant at E. Armata Inc. Our wholesale produce distributors in NJ deliver a wide selection of fresh produce to our customers all year round, but this month’s collection will help warm you up on cold days or bring delightful twists on desserts! Continue reading to discover the best produce available in October!
What Produce Is Best In October?
There’s nothing like the crisp taste of an apple straight from the orchard or sweet potatoes fresh from a farm. Produce is of better taste and quality when it’s in season, so knowing what is at its peak during October will make shopping and meal planning easier. This month brings forward a vast selection of fresh fruits and vegetables to savor from our wholesale produce distributors in NJ. Here are some of the best produce options available during October:
- Apples – Apples are a staple during the fall. Whether you’re snacking on a crisp apple as a snack, cooking it with sugar and cinnamon for a pie, or chopping them into a salad, dozens of apple varieties are at their peak in October.
- Broccoli – Broccoli is available throughout the year, but its peak season is October! This month’s harvest will be significant and can be used in various recipes.
- Beets – This root vegetable is at its best during the fall and can be prepared in many ways. Try roasting them to bring out their natural sweetness or grill marinated beets for a delicious side dish.
- Blackberries – Blackberries are harvested from August to mid-October. The longer it stays on the bush, the sweeter it gets. These vitamin-packed berries make an excellent addition to any dessert!
- Brussels Sprouts – Brussels sprouts have become a popular side dish in recent years and can be found on menus in high-end restaurants! This fall vegetable is best in October, so roast them with bacon or shave them into a salad!
Contact Our Wholesale Produce Distributors in NJ
At E. Armata Inc., our wholesale produce distributors in NJ are here to help our customers stay stocked up with the freshest seasonal produce! To learn more about our selection during the month of October, be sure to contact us today!