Filled with incredible mountain ranges and rivers, Vermont is a beautiful state known for its gorgeous vistas and snow sports. Since Vermont has such a cold climate, many people are unaware of the different fruits native to Vermont. At E. Armata Inc., we offer Vermont produce delivery to our customers. Continue reading to discover the best fruits that are native to Vermont.
Best Fruits Native to Vermont
Vermont is a state with a humid continental climate. With hot and humid summers and cold winters, many different fruit varieties have been introduced to the area over centuries. Vermont has several orchards growing various fruit trees perfect for ripe Vermont produce delivery. Here are some of the best native fruits that are grown in Vermont:
- Apples – Apple trees may be the best fruit to grow in Vermont, as they thrive in the cold spring and cooler fall season. Unlike many other fruits, fruits and flowers can grow even through snow and frost into the spring.
- Pears – Pears are a hardy fruit that does well with cold in Vermont. Pear trees bloom earlier and bear fruit earlier in the summer. Pear trees also do well in high heat, droughts, and humidity.
- Peaches – Peaches do better in hot, humid summers. However, while some peach varieties can survive in Vermont’s cold weather, many other types don’t do well in winter temperatures.
- Plums – Plums are a hardy fruit that thrives in heat. Plum trees will grow better during a warm winter and spring.
- Berries – There are several berry varieties grown in Vermont, including unique species like currants, gooseberries, cranberries, and hardy kiwi!
Various delicious fruits are grown in Vermont year-round! E. Armata Inc. is here to help you find fresh and tasty local produce to satisfy your and your customer’s needs! We have spent decades cultivating relationships with farmers, growers, and shippers, so you can be confident that you are receiving the best, high-quality fruits.