E. Armata is a family run fruit and produce wholesaler in the Hunts Point Market that has been in business for over 100 years. With a modest start in Manhattan at the Washington Street Market, E. Armata is now one of the largest wholesalers operating in Hunts Point and is proud to now be in the 4th generation stage. E. Armata takes great pride in managing the company with integrity and the highest quality product available for all our customers – be they a large retail customer, institutional supplier, or small grocers who visit the Hunts Point Market for quality produce. If you need Pittsburgh produce wholesale, we can ship to you from our location in NYC.
Over the last century, E. Armata has prospered as a leader among produce distributors in the tri-state area. Our brand prides itself on having a family tradition of loyalty to customers and partnerships with farmers and growers that span generations. We work with the most recognizable brands of fresh produce in the industry, as well as offering our own E. Armata label.
- This guarantees proper cleanliness and optimizes quality to our customers. We are diligent about the inspection process and take the time to review all products being shipped out to our customers before delivery. All of our quality teams are staffed and managed in-house at E. Armata Inc. and we take pride in being produce distributors in the Hunts Point Market that offers the freshest produce to our clients.
At E. Armata Inc., we take pride in being one of the best produce distributors in the Hunts Point Market providing the highest quality products. Food safety and quality control are important in preventing food-borne illnesses such as Escherichia coli O157, Shigella, and Yersinia. At E. Armata Inc., we are GMP-certified as well as a recipient of a 100 percent superior rating through the FDA’s Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP). Our commitment to food safety is evidenced by the practices we’ve implemented. Below are a few ways our team at the Hunts Point Market produces of the highest quality product:
We receive shipments daily
All of our trucks are temperature controlled
- This method limits contamination of harmful bacteria and pollution many distributors experience during transport. For example, increased humidity causes increased the risk of spore and fungi production on fruits and vegetables.
We keep thorough track of our products
- We specifically keep track of all the fresh food products we receive by immediately uploading a picture of them as they are delivered onto our iPad tracking system. This means that we takethe extra time to ensure all deliverables are up-to-date in our system to ensure quality.
We employ an experienced quality control team
- Our employees are trained in Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) quality control. This process consists of seven principles: hazard analysis, identifying critical control points, determining critical limits, monitoring critical points, establishing corrective actions, developing record-keeping procedures, and establishing verification procedures. This ensures we continue to be provide top-quality produce in the Hunts Point Market.
Our inspectors are USDA-trained
- Our inspectors are trained by the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service inspection standards, which is a nationally recognized agency that provides the standardization, testing, and grading of all food products sold in the US
How can you purchase Pittsburgh Produce Wholesale?
At E. Armata, we don’t just take orders for delivery; we accept responsibility. As produce distributors located in the Hunts Point Market, our sales team follows these steps to help you:
- We deliver fresh produce daily to efficiently fulfill your replenishment needs.
- Our modern trucks are temperature controlled to make certain we meet your high-quality standards all year round.
- We use the latest in technological advancements in order to maximize our shippers delivery schedules to accommodate both your business’s needs and our growing demand.
- To ensure the safety of our drivers and the communities we serve, we monitor and track the speed of our shipping vehicles.
- We are committed to meeting all of our new and long-standing customers’ needs.
E. Armata, Inc highly upholds our stringent Food Safety standards that are in place for the protection of our customers, our employees, and to the end-user of our products. We are working in conjunction with the New York City Produce Terminal market and our shippers, closely monitoring the outbreak of the 2019 coronavirus disease (COVID-19). We are implementing the recommendations issued by the Center for Disease Control and guidance issued by the State of New York in addition to the stringent requirements to maintain our current Food Safety programs dictated by our SQF, HACCP certificate(a Food Safety Management Certification used to control food safety risks and audited annually by an outside certification body that signifies a food management system accepted as an international standard of excellence) for our entire facility.
The health and safety of our employees and customers and the safety of our product is our top concern. Under that criteria, E. Armata, Inc has created and implemented a Business Continuity Plan in the event of any possible disruptions.
Please know that we are monitoring the situation and our focus is maintaining everyone’s safety. We will continue to work with public health official partners to determine what support may be needed in the coming days and weeks as the situation continues to evolve. We will continue to update you with any new information.
Chris and Paul Armata
Ariel Muza, Director of Food Safety
What is a Produce Wholesaler?
Few things are more delicious than fresh fruit and produce in the summer. E. Armata Inc. is one of the largest distributors of Pittsburgh Produce Wholesale operating in the Hunts Point Market. Our team is fully committed to our customers, and we take pride in providing them with the highest quality produce in a clean and organized cold-chain-compliant facility. To learn more about the role of a produce wholesaler, continue reading below.
What is A Produce Wholesaler?
Most shops, restaurants, and supermarkets do not grow their own produce and sell it. For this reason, they must outsource to get the products they need delivered to them. As one of the leading distributors of Pittsburgh Produce Wholesale, we provide an essential service to our customers that is key to moving produce from farm to table. E. Armata Inc. is a fourth-generation operation that has been servicing the tri-state area for over 100 years. Our network of shippers and growers allows us to provide businesses with wholesale produce to meet the needs of their customers.
E.armata Inc. has dedicated years to perfecting our wholesale operation to ensure the satisfaction of our customers. Our dedication has allowed us to design a seamless process to maintain quality and excellence. Here is a closer look at our process for Pittsburgh Produce Wholesale:
- Wholesale produce distributors must cultivate and maintain relationships with quality shippers and growers to be successful. We have been building relationships for over 100 years, so you can be assured that you are receiving the finest fruits and vegetables.
- Once the produce has reached us, it is stored in our state-of-the-art facility with over 60,000 square feet of temperature-controlled storage. We use RF guns for our racking system to meticulously keep track of our inventory, which allows us to service our customers more efficiently.
- Our top concern is that our customers receive their produce while it’s still fresh. We use temperature-controlled trucks to keep the produce fresher longer and monitor our drivers’ speed to ensure safe drop-offs.
Contact Us For Pittsburgh Produce Wholesale
When looking for a produce wholesaler, you want to make sure you’re working with the best. E. Armata Inc. has set and maintained high standards since its inception over 100 years ago. Our commitment to excellence guarantees satisfaction and freshness. If you’re looking to work with us for Pittsburgh Produce Wholesale, be sure to contact our team today!
From Our Blog
Most Popular Fruits and Vegetables in the US for 2022
When it comes to nutrition and tastiness, you can’t go wrong with delicious fruits and vegetables from the Hunts Point Produce Market. Fresh fruits and vegetables make for delicious and healthy options that everyone should include in their daily diet, but some fruits and vegetables are more in demand than others. Our team at E. Armata Inc. would like to share some of the most popular fruits and vegetables in the United States! Continue reading to learn more!
Most Popular Fruits
- Bananas – Bananas are one of the most popular fruits in the U.S. for a good reason! Bananas contain high levels of potassium that can help prevent cardiovascular disease and help muscle fatigue after exercise.
- Strawberries – Strawberries are loved by many as they are highly nutritious, convenient, and delicious. This berry is packed with vitamins and antioxidants.
- Watermelon – Watermelon is an antioxidant-rich summer favorite that contains vitamins, beta carotene, and potassium.
- Pineapple – Pineapple is a tropical fruit containing manganese, which supports metabolism and blood sugar regulation and acts as an antioxidant.
- Grapes – Grapes are a healthy and convenient fruit available at the Hunts Point Produce Market. They are rich in potassium and vitamin K, which help support your cardiovascular health.
Most Popular Vegetables
- Potatoes – Potatoes are a delicious and versatile pantry staple. Loaded with potassium and other nutrients, potatoes will help keep you full and healthy.
- Sweet Corn – Sweet corn is a popular grain available at the Hunts Point Produce Market. Sweet corn is low in starch and can serve as a delicious side dish for several meals!
- Garlic – Garlic is a staple vegetable that is incredibly healthy and delicious. The compounds found in garlic have powerful health effects and can help boost immune function.
- Tomatoes – Tomatoes are a dietary staple and vital ingredient in countless cuisines. Tomatoes are low in calories and packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Green Beans – Green beans are an unripe variety of beans that is very popular in the U.S. They contain high protein levels and can add lots of flavor to your weeknight meals!
Contact Us For Pittsburgh Produce Wholesale
There is no shortage of delicious fruits and vegetables available at the Hunts Point Produce Market. E. Armata Inc. is proud to distribute fresh produce to all of our customers to satisfy their business demands. To learn more about our produce offerings, be sure to contact us today!
Fruits That Are In Season This Spring
As the warmer weather season comes around, many customers flock to the Hunts Point Market to round up high-quality seasonal produce to cook and eat with what’s fresh and flavorful. At E. Armata Inc., we always have a new selection of produce available. Buying fruits that are in this season this spring will taste better and cost less. Continue reading to discover the fruits that are in season this spring!
While it’s standard to find most fruits and vegetables at any time of the year, choosing seasonal fruits from the Hunts Point Market is always the best option. Purchasing seasonal fruits is not only financially beneficial but there are several health benefits associated with eating fresh, seasonal fruits. Our team would like to share a seasonal fruit guide to help you discover what’s at peak flavor and freshness:
- Meyer Lemon – Meyer lemons are a sweeter lemon variety that can be a delicious addition to fruit salads, desserts, and cocktails.
- Cherries – Cherries have a short growing season from May to June. This nutritious and delicious fruit is a perfect addition to a pie or can be enjoyed as a healthy snack!
- Pineapple – This tropical fruit is best during the spring season. Loaded with nutrients and antioxidants, enjoy them in desserts, dinners, or raw!
- Strawberries – Strawberries can be found all year round but taste best during the mid to late spring. These delicious berries have a strong, vibrant color and fragrant taste, so enjoy them at their best this season!
- Rhubarb – Rhubarb signals the arrival of spring, and these bright red stalks are delicious and tart in several desserts. However, avoid eating the leaves as they are toxic.
- Honeydew – Honeydew melon has a long season that starts in May. This colorful and delicious melon is a welcome addition to any fruit salad and is an excellent source of potassium!
Local Pittsburgh Produce Wholesale Shipping
When you shop for seasonal fruits at the Hunts Point Market, you can be sure that you are receiving top-quality produce from our team at E. Armata Inc. We pride ourselves on our relationships with growers and farmers and our ability to serve high-quality fruits and vegetables to our loyal customers. Be sure to contact us today to learn more about what’s in season this spring!
New Healthy Fruits To Try In 2022
The New Year is a great time to set new health and wellness goals. One of the ways you can accomplish this is by incorporating healthy fruits into your diet. At E. Armata Inc., we are one of the top produce companies in New York that distributes fresh fruits throughout the Northeast! We have compiled a list of delicious and healthy fruits for you to try in the New Year! Continue reading to learn more!
Healthy Fruits To Try In 2022
The New Year is always an excellent opportunity to start anew and make positive lifestyle changes. Changing up your diet is a standard resolution, and one of the best ways to keep yourself healthy well into the New Year is to consume foods that are good for your body.
Incorporating more fruit into your diet is a great way to improve your overall wellness. As one of the top produce companies in New York, our team is committed to providing the freshest fruits available all year round. Here are some of our favorite healthy fruits you can try this year:
- Grapefruit – Grapefruit has the perfect combination of bitterness and sweetness and is one of the healthiest citrus fruits you can eat. Grapefruits are packed with vitamins and minerals and are known to aid in weight loss and reduce cholesterol levels.
- Pomegranates – Well-regarded as a superfood, pomegranates are delicious and highly nutrient-dense. These antioxidants help combat oxidative stress that can contribute to disease in the body.
- Strawberries – Strawberries are popular for good reasons! This sweet, juicy fruit is the perfect addition to almost anything, and its nutritional value is an added bonus. Strawberries have a lower glycemic index and are full of antioxidants that can keep you healthy and happy.
- Pineapple – Pineapple is a tasty exotic fruit that has been shown to reduce inflammation and promote healthy tissue growth. This fruit also contains manganese, which your body uses to build tissue and bone.
Contact Our Produce Companies – Shipping To Pittsburgh Available
This year, do something good for your mind and body and reach for fresh fruit. At E. Armata Inc., we strive to distribute healthy and fresh fruits to our customers all year round. To discover more information about one of the best produce companies in New York, be sure to contact us today!
Health Benefits of Eating Eggplants
Starting this summer, why not make a conscious effort to improve your eating habits? At E. Armata Inc., we understand the importance of incorporating more fruit and vegetables into your diet. That is why we only distribute the highest quality produce to the Hunts Point Market. The next time you travel to this facility, we recommend you purchasing our nutrient-rich eggplants. To learn more about the benefits of eating this vegetable, please consult with a member of our team.
High In Antioxidants
When you choose to consume eggplants, you’ll be eating a vegetable that is high in antioxidants. Antioxidants are substances that work to protect your body from damage caused by what are known as free radicals. They can also help fight against the development of chronic diseases, making eggplants the perfect item to purchase when traveling to the Hunts Point Market.
Reducing The Risk Of Heart Disease
The heart is the most important organ in your body. It is responsible for pumping blood throughout your body, and any issues to it can cause serious complications. That is why keeping your heart protected is so critical. Fortunately, eating eggplants can help maintain good heart health. Studies have shown that those eating eggplants are linked to having lower LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels. High levels of LDL cholesterol and triglycerides can lead to the onset of heart disease, which indicates why eating eggplants can be so beneficial.
Helping With Blood Sugar
Those who are living with blood sugar issues should seriously consider adding more eggplants to their diet. Eggplants are high in fiber, and fiber helps to slow digestion and sugar absorption into the body. Having high blood sugar levels can be devastating to your health, which is why you need to do everything in your power to regulate these issues. By purchasing our eggplants from the Hunts Point Market, you may be able to help manage your blood sugar levels better.
Eggplants are one of the most nutritional vegetables that you can purchase. Consuming them comes along with many benefits, which is why you should head over to the Hunts Point Market to pick some up now. Additional benefits of eating eggplants that we have yet to mention can include the following:
- Aides in weight loss.
- It can prevent certain types of cancer.
- Eggplant can be incorporated into many different dishes.
E. Armata Inc. – Hunts Point Market
Here at E. Armata Inc., our team has spent years fostering a commitment to distributing the highest quality of produce available. The next time you visit the Hunts Point Market, consider our wide array of produce, especially if you’re looking for eggplants. For more information on the benefits of eggplants, be sure to contact us today.