E. Armata is a family run fruit and produce wholesaler in the Hunts Point Market that has been in business for over 100 years. With a modest start in Manhattan at the Washington Street Market, E. Armata is now one of the largest wholesalers operating in Hunts Point and is proud to now be in the 4th generation stage. E. Armata takes great pride in managing the company with integrity and the highest quality product available for all our customers – be they a large retail customer, institutional supplier, or small grocers who visit the Hunts Point Market for quality produce. Contact our Produce Distributors Buffalo NY today if you have questions.
Over the last century, E. Armata has prospered as a leader among produce distributors in the tri-state area. Our brand prides itself on having a family tradition of loyalty to customers and partnerships with farmers and growers that span generations. We work with the most recognizable brands of fresh produce in the industry, as well as offering our own E. Armata label.
- This guarantees proper cleanliness and optimizes quality to our customers. We are diligent about the inspection process and take the time to review all products being shipped out to our customers before delivery. All of our quality teams are staffed and managed in-house at E. Armata Inc. and we take pride in being produce distributors in the Hunts Point Market that offers the freshest produce to our clients.
At E. Armata Inc., we take pride in being one of the best produce distributors in the Hunts Point Market providing the highest quality products. Food safety and quality control are important in preventing food-borne illnesses such as Escherichia coli O157, Shigella, and Yersinia. At E. Armata Inc., we are GMP-certified as well as a recipient of a 100 percent superior rating through the FDA’s Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP). Our commitment to food safety is evidenced by the practices we’ve implemented. Below are a few ways our team at the Hunts Point Market produces of the highest quality product:
We receive shipments daily
All of our trucks are temperature controlled
- This method limits contamination of harmful bacteria and pollution many distributors experience during transport. For example, increased humidity causes increased the risk of spore and fungi production on fruits and vegetables.
We keep thorough track of our products
- We specifically keep track of all the fresh food products we receive by immediately uploading a picture of them as they are delivered onto our iPad tracking system. This means that we takethe extra time to ensure all deliverables are up-to-date in our system to ensure quality.
We employ an experienced quality control team
- Our employees are trained in Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) quality control. This process consists of seven principles: hazard analysis, identifying critical control points, determining critical limits, monitoring critical points, establishing corrective actions, developing record-keeping procedures, and establishing verification procedures. This ensures we continue to be provide top-quality produce in the Hunts Point Market.
Our inspectors are USDA-trained
- Our inspectors are trained by the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service inspection standards, which is a nationally recognized agency that provides the standardization, testing, and grading of all food products sold in the US
How can produce distributors located in the Buffalo NY help you grow?
At E. Armata, we don’t just take orders for delivery; we accept responsibility. As produce distributors located in the Hunts Point Market, our sales team follows these steps to help you:
- We deliver fresh produce daily to efficiently fulfill your replenishment needs.
- Our modern trucks are temperature controlled to make certain we meet your high-quality standards all year round.
- We use the latest in technological advancements in order to maximize our shippers delivery schedules to accommodate both your business’s needs and our growing demand.
- To ensure the safety of our drivers and the communities we serve, we monitor and track the speed of our shipping vehicles.
- We are committed to meeting all of our new and long-standing customers’ needs.
E. Armata, Inc highly upholds our stringent Food Safety standards that are in place for the protection of our customers, our employees, and to the end-user of our products. We are working in conjunction with the New York City Produce Terminal market and our shippers, closely monitoring the outbreak of the 2019 coronavirus disease (COVID-19). We are implementing the recommendations issued by the Center for Disease Control and guidance issued by the State of New York in addition to the stringent requirements to maintain our current Food Safety programs dictated by our SQF, HACCP certificate(a Food Safety Management Certification used to control food safety risks and audited annually by an outside certification body that signifies a food management system accepted as an international standard of excellence) for our entire facility.
The health and safety of our employees and customers and the safety of our product is our top concern. Under that criteria, E. Armata, Inc has created and implemented a Business Continuity Plan in the event of any possible disruptions.
Please know that we are monitoring the situation and our focus is maintaining everyone’s safety. We will continue to work with public health official partners to determine what support may be needed in the coming days and weeks as the situation continues to evolve. We will continue to update you with any new information.
Chris and Paul Armata
Ariel Muza, Director of Food Safety
What is a Produce Wholesaler?
Few things are more delicious than fresh fruit and produce in the summer. E. Armata Inc. is one of the largest Produce Distributors Buffalo NY operating in the Hunts Point Market. Our team is fully committed to our customers, and we take pride in providing them with the highest quality produce in a clean and organized cold-chain-compliant facility. To learn more about the role of a produce wholesaler, continue reading below.
What is A Produce Wholesaler?
Most shops, restaurants, and supermarkets do not grow their own produce and sell it. For this reason, they must outsource to get the products they need delivered to them. As one of the leading Produce Distributors Buffalo NY, we provide an essential service to our customers that is key to moving produce from farm to table. E. Armata Inc. is a fourth-generation operation that has been servicing the tri-state area for over 100 years. Our network of shippers and growers allows us to provide businesses with wholesale produce to meet the needs of their customers.
E.armata Inc. has dedicated years to perfecting our wholesale operation to ensure the satisfaction of our customers. Our dedication has allowed us to design a seamless process to maintain quality and excellence. Here is a closer look at our Produce Distributors Buffalo NY process:
- Wholesale produce distributors must cultivate and maintain relationships with quality shippers and growers to be successful. We have been building relationships for over 100 years, so you can be assured that you are receiving the finest fruits and vegetables.
- Once the produce has reached us, it is stored in our state-of-the-art facility with over 60,000 square feet of temperature-controlled storage. We use RF guns for our racking system to meticulously keep track of our inventory, which allows us to service our customers more efficiently.
- Our top concern is that our customers receive their produce while it’s still fresh. We use temperature-controlled trucks to keep the produce fresher longer and monitor our drivers’ speed to ensure safe drop-offs.
Contact Our Produce Distributors Buffalo NY
When looking for a produce wholesaler, you want to make sure you’re working with the best. E. Armata Inc. has set and maintained high standards since its inception over 100 years ago. Our commitment to excellence guarantees satisfaction and freshness. If you’re looking to work with a Produce Distributors Buffalo NY, be sure to contact our team today!
High blood pressure, also known as hypertension, is a common condition affecting millions worldwide. While medication can help control blood pressure, lifestyle changes such as exercise and a healthy diet can also effectively reduce blood pressure. One food that has been shown to help lower blood pressure is cantaloupe. Our produce distributors Buffalo NY at E. Armata Inc. would like to explore the benefits of cantaloupe for blood pressure and how it can be incorporated into a healthy diet. Continue reading to learn more!
Cantaloupe and Blood Pressure
Cantaloupe is a delicious and nutritious fruit high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It is also low in calories and a great source of hydration. But what makes cantaloupe particularly beneficial for those with high blood pressure is its high potassium content. Potassium is an essential mineral that plays a vital role in regulating blood pressure. It helps balance the effects of sodium, a mineral that can cause excess blood pressure to rise when consumed in excess.
Studies have shown that increasing potassium intake can help lower blood pressure in people with hypertension. One medium-sized cantaloupe from our produce distributors Buffalo NY contains approximately 473 milligrams of potassium, making it an excellent source of this essential mineral.
Other Benefits of Cantaloupe
In addition to its blood pressure-lowering properties, cantaloupe has several other health benefits. For example, it is high in vitamin C, which helps boost the immune system and promote healthy skin. Cantaloupe is also rich in vitamin A, which is essential for eye health and vision. Additionally, cantaloupe contains fiber, which can aid in digestion and help regulate blood sugar levels.
How to Incorporate Cantaloupe into Your Diet
If you’re looking to incorporate cantaloupe into your diet, there are several ways to do so. Here are a few ideas:
- Enjoy it as a snack: Cut up some cantaloupe into bite-sized pieces and enjoy it as a healthy snack between meals.
- Add it to your breakfast: Top your oatmeal or yogurt with some cantaloupe for a tasty and nutritious breakfast.
- Make a salad: Combine cantaloupe with other fruits and veggies for a refreshing and nutritious salad.
- Blend it into a smoothie: Add some cantaloupe to your favorite smoothie recipe for a healthy and delicious drink.
Contact Us: Produce Distributors Buffalo NY
Cantaloupe is a tasty and nutritious fruit that can help lower blood pressure and promote overall health. By incorporating cantaloupe into your diet in creative ways, you can reap the benefits of this tasty fruit and improve your health. To learn more about our melon department, contact our produce distributors Buffalo NY at E. Armata Inc. today!
Are you looking for a natural and effective way to improve the health of your skin? Look no further than aloe vera! Aloe plants have been used for centuries for their healing properties and are now a popular ingredient in many skincare products. At E. Armata Inc., we believe in the power of natural ingredients, and aloe vera is one of our favorite produce distributors Buffalo NY. Continue reading to discover the benefits of aloe vera on your face and why it should be a staple in your skincare routine.
Why Should I Use Aloe Vera On My Face?
Aloe vera is a plant many people already have in their homes, but did you know aloe has several benefits for your skin? Here are some notable reasons why you should use produce distributors Buffalo NY aloe vera on your face:
- Packed with Nutrients – Aloe vera is packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants essential for healthy skin. It contains vitamins A, C, and E, which are all known for their anti-aging properties. These vitamins work together to promote collagen production, essential for healthy, youthful-looking skin.
- Moisturizing – Aloe vera is a natural moisturizer that helps hydrate the skin without leaving it greasy or oily. It’s perfect for those with dry or sensitive skin, as it can help to soothe and calm irritated skin.
- Helps to Treat Acne – If you struggle with acne-prone skin, aloe vera may be the solution you’ve been looking for. Aloe vera has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce inflammation and fight off acne-causing bacteria.
- Helps to Reduce the Appearance of Scars – If you have scars or dark spots on your face, aloe vera may help. It contains compounds that can help to reduce the appearance of scars and promote the growth of new, healthy skin cells.
- Helps Reduce Appearance of Wrinkles – As we age, our skin starts losing its elasticity and wrinkles begin to appear. Aloe vera can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles by promoting the production of collagen and elastin, two essential proteins for youthful-looking skin.
Contact Us: Produce Distributors Buffalo NY
Using fresh aloe vera on your face can benefit your skin. If you’re looking for a safe, natural, and effective way to improve your skin health, aloe vera is worth considering. Be sure to contact E. Armata Inc. today to learn more about our aloe vera available for produce distributors Buffalo NY.
Many individuals seek various methods to alleviate their anxiety symptoms, from therapy to medication. However, one often-overlooked remedy that has recently gained attention is pineapple. Pineapple, a tropical fruit known for its sweet and tangy flavor, might be the unexpected solution to calming your anxious mind. Our produce distributors Buffalo NY at E. Armata Inc. would like to explore the potential benefits of pineapple for anxiety and how you can incorporate it into your daily routine. Continue reading to learn more!
The Nutritional Powerhouse: Pineapple
Pineapple is a delicious and refreshing fruit and a nutritional powerhouse. It is rich in essential vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, manganese, and bromelain, a unique enzyme in pineapples. These nutrients contribute to the fruit’s potential anxiety-reducing properties. Here are some of the nutrients in pineapples produce distributors Buffalo NY that can help with anxiety:
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C, abundantly present in pineapples, is vital in promoting overall well-being, including mental health. Vitamin C is an antioxidant, protecting the brain against oxidative stress and reducing anxiety-related symptoms. Consuming pineapple, which is naturally high in vitamin C, can potentially help alleviate anxiety by providing a natural boost to your body’s defense mechanisms.
- Bromelain – One of the critical components that make pineapple a potential anxiety-controlling food is bromelain. This enzyme has been linked to several health benefits, including reducing inflammation and aiding digestion. Research suggests that bromelain may positively impact mental health by reducing anxiety and improving mood. While more research is needed to fully understand bromelain’s mechanisms of action, incorporating pineapple into your diet may be a simple and enjoyable way to tap into its potential calming effects.
Incorporating Pineapple into Your Routine
Now that we understand the potential anxiety-reducing properties of pineapple, let’s explore how you can incorporate this tropical fruit into your daily routine:
- Pineapple Smoothies: Start your day off right with a refreshing pineapple smoothie. Blend frozen pineapple chunks, a handful of spinach, a splash of coconut milk, and a scoop of protein powder for a nutritious and anxiety-fighting breakfast option.
- Grilled Pineapple: Add a touch of sweetness to your meals by grilling pineapple slices as a side dish or topping for salads. The caramelization brings out the fruit’s natural sugars, creating a delectable addition to your plate.
- Pineapple Salsa: Combine finely chopped pineapple, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice for a zesty and tropical salsa. This versatile condiment can be enjoyed with grilled fish or chicken or as a tangy dip with tortilla chips.
- Pineapple-infused Water: Infuse your water with pineapple chunks and a few mint leaves for a crisp, refreshing and anxiety-relieving beverage. This hydrating concoction is perfect for sipping throughout the day.
While pineapple may not be a magical cure for anxiety, it offers a range of potential benefits that complement an overall healthy lifestyle. E. Armata Inc. offers produce distributors Buffalo NY pineapples that you can incorporate into your lifestyle. Be sure to contact us today to place an order for your supply.
Fava beans, also referred to as broad beans, are a type of legume that has been a staple ingredient in many cultures for centuries. They are a rich source of nutrients, including fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals. In recent years, there has been increasing culinary interest in the potential health benefits of fava beans, including their possible anti-inflammatory effects. Fava beans are available wholesale at the Hunts Point Produce Market from our team at E. Armata Inc., produce distributors Buffalo NY. Continue reading to discover some of the notable health benefits of fava beans.
What Makes Fava Beans Anti-Inflammatory?
Inflammation is a prevalent, natural response of the body to infection or injury, but it can also contribute to the development of chronic diseases, diabetes, heart disease, and some types of cancer. Anti-inflammatory foods, on the other hand, can help reduce inflammation in the body and the risk of these chronic diseases. Fava beans contain several compounds that are believed to have anti-inflammatory effects. These include phytochemicals such as:
- Protease Inhibitors
- Essential Fatty Acids
How to Include Fava Beans in Your Diet
Fava beans are a versatile food that can be used in a variety of delicious dishes, including soups, stews, and salads. They can also be cooked and mashed, like other types of beans, and used as a spread or dip. When buying fava beans, look for fresh, plump beans that are free of blemishes. They can be found fresh or canned in most grocery stores and are available year-round. These small legumes are loaded with impressive health benefits. If you are looking to purchase fava beans from produce distributors Buffalo NY, E. Armata Inc. has the freshest produce available to customers!
Fava beans are a rich source of anti-inflammatory compounds. These compounds, along with other nutrients in fava beans, can help reduce inflammation and the risk of chronic diseases. By including fava beans in your diet, you can enjoy the health benefits of this versatile and delicious legume. To learn more about the anti-inflammatory benefits of fava beans or our operation at the produce distributors Buffalo NY, be sure to contact E. Armata Inc. today!
Diabetes is a prevalent and chronic condition that affects millions of people worldwide. It is characterized by high levels of glucose in the blood, which can lead to a range of health complications if not managed effectively. One of the ways to manage diabetes is through a healthy diet, and asparagus is a vegetable that can play an essential role in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels. Our produce distributors Buffalo NY offers our customers a fresh selection of asparagus. Continue reading to discover the health benefits of asparagus from our team at E. Armata Inc.
Asparagus Benefits For Diabetes
Asparagus is low in calories and has a low glycemic index, meaning that it does not cause sudden spikes in blood sugar levels. In addition, it is high in fiber, which helps to regulate your blood sugar levels and reduces the risk of developing diabetes. Moreover, asparagus is a rich source of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds, which can help to improve the overall health of individuals with diabetes. Asparagus is a nutrient-rich vegetable that is packed with essential vitamins and minerals, including:
- Vitamins A, C, E, and K
Additionally, asparagus is rich in chromium, a mineral that helps the body to use insulin more effectively. This makes it an excellent food option for individuals with diabetes, as it helps to regulate blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity. Here are some of the notable health benefits of asparagus for people with diabetes:
- High in Antioxidants – Antioxidants are essential for maintaining good health and preventing chronic diseases, including diabetes. Asparagus is a rich source of antioxidants, such as vitamin C, beta-carotene, and glutathione, which help to protect your body against damage from free radicals. In addition, asparagus contains antioxidants that have anti-inflammatory effects, which can help to reduce the development of complications associated with diabetes, such as heart disease and neuropathy.
- Improved Insulin Sensitivity – Insulin sensitivity is a crucial factor in managing diabetes, and asparagus has been shown to improve insulin sensitivity in individuals with type 2 diabetes. The fiber and chromium in asparagus help to regulate blood sugar and improve insulin sensitivity, making it an excellent food choice for individuals with diabetes.
- Weight Management – Maintaining a healthy weight is vital for managing diabetes, and asparagus can play a role in this by helping to regulate appetite and promoting feelings of fullness. Asparagus is low in calories and high in fiber, making it an excellent option for individuals trying to lose weight.
How to Incorporate Asparagus into Your Diet
Our produce distributors Buffalo NY offers outstanding quality asparagus to our customers to suit their product needs and preferences. Asparagus is a versatile vegetable that can be enjoyed in various ways, making it easy to incorporate into your diet. It can be roasted, grilled, or steamed and enjoyed as a tasty side dish or added to a salad for added nutrition. Asparagus is also a delicious ingredient in soups, stews, and stir-fry dishes.
Asparagus is a nutritious vegetable that can play a role in managing diabetes. With its low glycemic index, high fiber content, and rich source of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds, asparagus is an excellent food choice for individuals with diabetes. So why not add this tasty and nutritious vegetable to your next meal and enjoy the numerous benefits it has to offer? Our produce distributors Buffalo NY at E. Armata Inc. are here to ensure customers receive the freshest produce available and aim to keep our customers happy and healthy! Be sure to contact us today to learn more about our operation!