Produce Distributors in NYC
E. Armata is a family run business offering NYC Produce, operating for over 100 years as fruit and produce distributors in NYC. With a modest start in Manhattan at the Washington Street Market, E. Armata is now one of the largest wholesalers operating as produce distributors in NYC and is proud to now be in the 4th generation stage. E. Armata takes great pride in managing the company with integrity and the highest quality product available for all our customers – be they a large retail customer, institutional supplier, or small grocers who visit the produce distributors in NYC for quality produce.
Over the last century, E. Armata has prospered as a leader among produce distributors in NYC. Our brand prides itself on having a family tradition of loyalty to customers and partnerships with farmers and growers that span generations.
As the warmer weather is approaching so is the outdoor markets and the bustling life of food in the streets. Hunts Point, produced in New York City, has over a million acres of land dedicated to giving you the best and vast amount of produce we can offer. The streets will bustle with local vendors and marketers giving us the seasonal fruits and vegetables for any occasion or dinner you might have. Apples, blueberries, peppers, and cucumbers and many more are starting to be in season and its best to get them at Hunts Point, a produce market in NYC.
Meet our executives:
As President of E. Armata, Inc. a seller of produce in NYC, Chris Armata oversees the general administration, as well as the trend and focus of the company. He believes in forward thinking and technology, and never sitting still. Chris places a high value on his company’s most significant assets – their integrity, their people, and their experience – along with the simple approach of always looking ahead. These attributes are what Chris feels will continue to propel E. Armata successfully into the future as produce distributors in NYC.
As Vice President of E. Armata, Inc., a seller of produce in NYC, Paul Armata handles purchasing and monitors sales for the Western Vegetable Division. Paul also oversees other warehouse functions, such as managing the crews, warehouse operations, trucking, and overall sales. As part of the process, he also supervises customer receivables. Paul enjoys interacting with customers and believes that having good customer relations is the key to continued growth. Paul is proud of the family business, its integrity, and reputation along with their hardworking employees, and a legacy of being high-quality produce distributors in NYC.
As Treasurer of E. Armata, as well as Managing Director of E. Armata’s Fruit Division, a seller of produce in NYC, John Acompora, “Ackie,” handles fruit purchasing, oversees fruit sales, and manages all aspects of the Fruit Division. Ackie especially enjoys cultivating the relationships with customers and grower/shippers, and usually begins his workday around 4 am. Ackie first joined E. Armata’s team of produce distributors in NYC in 1978 when Nick Armata hired him to unload trailers. Ackie worked his way up from Unloader to Checker, then Foreman, and eventually Salesman.
Aside from our executives, we have a full team eager to make E. Armata one of the best produce distributors in NYC. From the gentleman sweeping the floors to our men on the forklifts at E. Armata, we believe that our employees are the backbone of our company. We have employees that have been a part of our team for over thirty years. No matter what your role is, at E. Armata, we all grow together.
It’s all about relationships:
As some of the top produce distributors in NYC, E. Armata currently works with 100s of grower/shippers. We are proud of the strong relationships we have built with these grower/shippers over four generations; relationships that extend past the business table.
We have established trust with everybody involved in the process. From the grower – the first source of our business; to the trucker and the transportation of our products; to our employees – who do an excellent job handling our products and services. And above all, the customers who we can count on every day. For our business to succeed, you can’t have anyone without the other. As one of the largest produce distributors in NYC our shipping family is quite extensive. Here are some of the following shippers we’ve made part of our family:
- Alpine Fresh
- Berry lovers
- C&B Farms
- Del Monte
- Jim Pandol & Company
- Kern Ridge
- Mucci Farms
- ValVerde vegetable co.
- & many more are working with our top of the line produce distributors in NYC!
How can produce distributors in NYC help you grow?
At E. Armata, a seller of produce in NYC, we don’t just take orders for delivery; we accept responsibility. As produce distributors in NYC, our sales team follows these steps to help you:
- We deliver fresh produce daily to efficiently fulfill your replenishment needs.
- Our modern trucks are temperature controlled to make certain we meet your high-quality standards all year round.
- We use the latest in technological advancements in order to maximize our shippers delivery schedules to accommodate both your business’s needs and our growing demand.
- To ensure the safety of our drivers and the communities we serve, we monitor and track the speed of our shipping vehicles.
- We are committed to meeting all of our new and long-standing customers’ needs.
What do you get when you visit produce distributors in NYC:
At E. Armata we have an extensive list of fruit and produce available to our customers. As produce distributors in NYC, we offer the best of the best when it comes to our inventory. We break down our produce in the following categories:
Berries – Produce in NYC
- To provide our customers with the freshest berries, we have regular availability of strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries, all arriving fresh daily. Whether it be a product of USA or imported, we are sure to fulfill our customers’ needs with the best fruit possible coming from top shippers and growers.
Eastern Vegetables – Produce in NYC
- E. Armata’s Eastern Vegetable department carries a full line of items from Florida up the East Coast through Canada as well as Texas and Mexico. We partner with top growers and shippers to bring to you the highest quality produce available.
Fruit – Produce in NYC
- The fruit department sources product globally, including but not limited to the United States, New Zealand, Chile, and the South Americas, California, Morocco, Spain, and South Africa, Vietnam, China, and Mexico.
Herbs – Produce in NYC
- Herbs are sourced year-round from the Middle East and South America in order to provide the freshest and most affordable product.
Melons – Produce in NYC
- E. Armata is proud to be amongst the leading produce distributors in NYC of melons on the east coast. Decades of long partnerships with our growers from Central America, Texas, Florida and up the east coast has solidified our ability to best serve our cherished and much appreciate customers.
Mushrooms – Produce in NYC
- Mushrooms are delivered fresh daily to E. Armata from local growers only a few hours away. We also work with exotic mushroom suppliers, providing a broad range of specialties.
Potatoes, Onions, & Carrots – Produce in NYC
- The potato and onion department is one of E. Armata’s fastest expanding in the past three years. With the expansion of our warehouse space three years ago, E. Armata found a new home in order to develop our potato and onion program.
Salads – Produce in NYC
- At E. Armata the salads are rotated continuously to offer the most extended shelf life, the best quality for our customers.
Specialties – Produce in NYC
- As produce distributors in NYC, we currently handle a vast amount of Specialty Items which are both flown in and trucked daily from around the world and domestically. We source our hothouse items from the following areas: Holland, Canada, Belgium, Spain, Israel, and the USA.
Tomatoes – Produce in NYC
- E. Armata’s tomato department is backed by over 100 years of combined experience in purchasing, selling, and repacking tomatoes, and is regarded as one of the elite tomatoes produce distributors in NYC.
Tropicals – Produce in NYC
- The constant growth and expansion of cultures in our society call for extra measures to meet the needs and demands of the same. We have added a full line of tropical fruits and vegetables, imported from high-quality growers in Central and South American countries.
Western Vegetables – Produce in NYC
- We are fortunate to have relationships with the most respected growers from California, Mexico, and Peru. These alliances have allowed us to source the freshest, most in-season products from all across the Western hemisphere.
E. Armata Brands
- As produce distributors in NYC, we handle Bunch Spinach, Baby Spinach, Spring Mix (mesclun), limes, and Watermelons all packed in our exclusive E. Armata label. We have always taken great pride in doing so, as our customers ask for them on a regular basis. We are also introducing Spring Mix along with Baby Spinach in a label featuring Erasmo, the founder of our four-generation company.
At E. Armata Inc., we take pride in being one of the best produce distributors in NYC providing the highest quality products. Food safety and quality control are important in preventing food-borne illnesses such as Escherichia coli O157, Shigella, and Yersinia. At E. Armata Inc., we are GMP-certified as well as a recipient of a 100 percent superior rating through the FDA’s Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP). Our commitment to food safety is evidenced by the practices we’ve implemented. Below are a few ways our team of produce distributors in NYC produce of the highest quality product:
We receive shipments daily
- This guarantees proper cleanliness and optimizes quality to our customers. We are diligent about the inspection process and take the time to review all products being shipped out to our customers before delivery. All of our quality teams are staffed and managed in-house at E. Armata Inc. and we take pride in being produce distributors in NYC that offer the freshest produce to our clients.
All of our trucks are temperature controlled
- This method limits contamination of harmful bacteria and pollution produce distributors in NYC may experience during transport. For example, increased humidity causes increased the risk of spore and fungi production on fruits and vegetables.
We keep thorough track of our produce in NYC
- Our produce distributors in NYC specifically keep track of all the fresh food products we receive by immediately uploading a picture of them as they are delivered onto our iPad tracking system. This means that we take the extra time to ensure all deliverables are up-to-date in our system to ensure quality.
We employ an experienced quality control team
- Our employees are trained in Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) quality control. This process consists of seven principles: hazard analysis, identifying critical control points, determining critical limits, monitoring critical points, establishing corrective actions, developing record-keeping procedures, and establishing verification procedures. This ensures we continue to be top-quality produce distributors in NYC.
Our inspectors are USDA-trained
- Our inspectors are trained by the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service inspection standards, which is a nationally recognized agency that provides the standardization, testing, and grading of all food products sold in the US.
How do we interact with the community?
Aside from everything we do from the inside, E. Armata engages with clients through their website regularly. As produce distributors in NYC, we feature plenty of tips our customers can try to stay healthy. For example, we’ve featured articles that discuss the health benefits of:
- While eating plain cauliflower can become rather boring, there are many unique ways in which you can prepare cauliflower. This way, you will receive the many benefits of cauliflower, all while enjoying a delicious meal! Pick up some healthy ingredients for these delicious recipes from E. Armata, produce distributors in NYC.
- Eggplants are a great way to lose weight because they are low in calories and carbohydrates but rich in nutrients.you should be consuming 2-3 cups of vegetables a day, and your plate should be half- filled with vegetables at every meal. It is important to make sure your body is receiving enough fruits and vegetables because, without them, your body suffers. As produce distributors in NYC, we offer a wide variety of delicious and fresh fruits and vegetables.
Aside from offering some healthy advice, we feature plenty of recipes involving our fruit and produce selection. As produce distributors in NYC, we take pride in the large variety of products we have to offer. So we’ve selected some of the healthiest recipes that incorporate our produce for our customers to try:
- Honey-Mustard Chicken and Apples
- Raw Berry Tart with Coconut Cream
- Zucchini Herb Casserole
- Eggplant wraps
- & many others!
Contact Us Today for NYC Produce!
Where Can I Find A Fresh Produce Distributor Near Me?
- E. Armata serves clients all across the country, our primary area of distribution is the Northeast but we can ship all over.
What is E. Armata?
- We are a family run fruit and produce wholesaler in the Hunts Point Market who has been servicing the tri-state area for over 100 years.
When did E. Armata Start?
- With a modest start in Manhattan at the Washington Street Market, E. Armata is now one of the largest wholesalers operating in Hunts Point and is proud to now be in the 4th generation stage.
What Types of Produce Does E. Armata Offer Customers?
- Our produce distributor offers Berries, Eastern Vegetables, Fruit, Herbs, Melons, Mushrooms, Potatoes, Onions, Carrots, Salads, Tomatoes, Western Vegetables, and more!
Where Does E. Armata Acquire Their Produce?
- Whether it be a product of USA or imported, we are sure to fulfill our customers’ needs with the best fruit possible coming from top shippers and growers.
Where Is E. Armata Located?
- Our address is 114 NYC Terminal Market Bronx, NY 10474-7303.
How Can I Contact E. Armata?
- Please visit our website or give us a call at 1.718.991.5600. You can also send us an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before making a purchase with our company, you’ll want to make sure you’re acquiring seasonal produce that will taste the best for the current time of year! At E. Armata INC, we offer seasonal produce that’ll keep you covered year round. Whether it’s during the depths of winter, the dog days of summer, the crispness of fall, or the warmth of Spring, we have something that we’re sure you’ll love! For a look at some of our seasonal produce that we have available, please refer to the list below:
- Collard Greens