E. Armata is a family run fruit and produce wholesaler in the Hunts Point Market that has been in business for over 100 years. With a modest start in Manhattan at the Washington Street Market, E. Armata is now one of the largest wholesalers operating in Hunts Point and is proud to now be in the 4th generation stage. E. Armata takes great pride in managing the company with integrity and the highest quality product available for all our customers – be they a large retail customer, institutional supplier, or small grocers who visit the Hunts Point Market for quality produce. Contact our Produce Distributors Queens NY today if you have questions.
Over the last century, E. Armata has prospered as a leader among produce distributors in the tri-state area. Our brand prides itself on having a family tradition of loyalty to customers and partnerships with farmers and growers that span generations. We work with the most recognizable brands of fresh produce in the industry, as well as offering our own E. Armata label.
- This guarantees proper cleanliness and optimizes quality to our customers. We are diligent about the inspection process and take the time to review all products being shipped out to our customers before delivery. All of our quality teams are staffed and managed in-house at E. Armata Inc. and we take pride in being produce distributors in the Hunts Point Market that offers the freshest produce to our clients.
At E. Armata Inc., we take pride in being one of the best produce distributors in the Hunts Point Market providing the highest quality products. Food safety and quality control are important in preventing food-borne illnesses such as Escherichia coli O157, Shigella, and Yersinia. At E. Armata Inc., we are GMP-certified as well as a recipient of a 100 percent superior rating through the FDA’s Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP). Our commitment to food safety is evidenced by the practices we’ve implemented. Below are a few ways our team at the Hunts Point Market produces of the highest quality product:
We receive shipments daily
All of our trucks are temperature controlled
- This method limits contamination of harmful bacteria and pollution many distributors experience during transport. For example, increased humidity causes increased the risk of spore and fungi production on fruits and vegetables.
We keep thorough track of our products
- We specifically keep track of all the fresh food products we receive by immediately uploading a picture of them as they are delivered onto our iPad tracking system. This means that we takethe extra time to ensure all deliverables are up-to-date in our system to ensure quality.
We employ an experienced quality control team
- Our employees are trained in Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) quality control. This process consists of seven principles: hazard analysis, identifying critical control points, determining critical limits, monitoring critical points, establishing corrective actions, developing record-keeping procedures, and establishing verification procedures. This ensures we continue to be provide top-quality produce in the Hunts Point Market.
Our inspectors are USDA-trained
- Our inspectors are trained by the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service inspection standards, which is a nationally recognized agency that provides the standardization, testing, and grading of all food products sold in the US
How can produce distributors located in the Queens Area help you grow?
At E. Armata, we don’t just take orders for delivery; we accept responsibility. As produce distributors located in the Hunts Point Market, our sales team follows these steps to help you:
- We deliver fresh produce daily to efficiently fulfill your replenishment needs.
- Our modern trucks are temperature controlled to make certain we meet your high-quality standards all year round.
- We use the latest in technological advancements in order to maximize our shippers delivery schedules to accommodate both your business’s needs and our growing demand.
- To ensure the safety of our drivers and the communities we serve, we monitor and track the speed of our shipping vehicles.
- We are committed to meeting all of our new and long-standing customers’ needs.
E. Armata, Inc highly upholds our stringent Food Safety standards that are in place for the protection of our customers, our employees, and to the end-user of our products. We are working in conjunction with the New York City Produce Terminal market and our shippers, closely monitoring the outbreak of the 2019 coronavirus disease (COVID-19). We are implementing the recommendations issued by the Center for Disease Control and guidance issued by the State of New York in addition to the stringent requirements to maintain our current Food Safety programs dictated by our SQF, HACCP certificate(a Food Safety Management Certification used to control food safety risks and audited annually by an outside certification body that signifies a food management system accepted as an international standard of excellence) for our entire facility.
The health and safety of our employees and customers and the safety of our product is our top concern. Under that criteria, E. Armata, Inc has created and implemented a Business Continuity Plan in the event of any possible disruptions.
Please know that we are monitoring the situation and our focus is maintaining everyone’s safety. We will continue to work with public health official partners to determine what support may be needed in the coming days and weeks as the situation continues to evolve. We will continue to update you with any new information.
Chris and Paul Armata
Ariel Muza, Director of Food Safety
What is a Produce Wholesaler?
Few things are more delicious than fresh fruit and produce in the summer. E. Armata Inc. is one of the largest Produce Distributors Queens NY operating in the Hunts Point Market. Our team is fully committed to our customers, and we take pride in providing them with the highest quality produce in a clean and organized cold-chain-compliant facility. To learn more about the role of a produce wholesaler, continue reading below.
What is A Produce Wholesaler?
Most shops, restaurants, and supermarkets do not grow their own produce and sell it. For this reason, they must outsource to get the products they need delivered to them. As one of the leading Produce Distributors Queens NY, we provide an essential service to our customers that is key to moving produce from farm to table. E. Armata Inc. is a fourth-generation operation that has been servicing the tri-state area for over 100 years. Our network of shippers and growers allows us to provide businesses with wholesale produce to meet the needs of their customers.
E.armata Inc. has dedicated years to perfecting our wholesale operation to ensure the satisfaction of our customers. Our dedication has allowed us to design a seamless process to maintain quality and excellence. Here is a closer look at our Produce Distributors Queens NY process:
- Wholesale produce distributors must cultivate and maintain relationships with quality shippers and growers to be successful. We have been building relationships for over 100 years, so you can be assured that you are receiving the finest fruits and vegetables.
- Once the produce has reached us, it is stored in our state-of-the-art facility with over 60,000 square feet of temperature-controlled storage. We use RF guns for our racking system to meticulously keep track of our inventory, which allows us to service our customers more efficiently.
- Our top concern is that our customers receive their produce while it’s still fresh. We use temperature-controlled trucks to keep the produce fresher longer and monitor our drivers’ speed to ensure safe drop-offs.
Contact Our Produce Distributors Queens NY
When looking for a produce wholesaler, you want to make sure you’re working with the best. E. Armata Inc. has set and maintained high standards since its inception over 100 years ago. Our commitment to excellence guarantees satisfaction and freshness. If you’re looking to work with a Produce Distributors Queens NY, be sure to contact our team today!
From Our Blog
All About Peppers
Peppers are very healthy for you. Although they sometimes are quite spicy, they are packed tight with nutrients and vitamins that are extremely beneficial. Peppers contain the following benefits:
- They help to burn off fat
- They can protect against the buildup of cholesterol
- They are extremely high in Vitamin C
- They can lower the risk of breast cancer
- They contain a ton of Vitamin B6, which lowers the risk of stroke and cardiovascular disease
- They serve as an antioxidant
- They promote good eye health
- They promote good blood circulation
In conclusion, they’re packed with beneficial nutrients and they taste amazing in many different styles of preparation.
At E. Armata, a produce distributor in the Bronx, we offer a variety of peppers for wholesale. We typically offer the following peppers:
- Red/Mixed Red – Red peppers are fully ripened green peppers that allow for a sweeter, fruitier taste.
- Green – Green peppers are unripe peppers that would turn into yellow/red peppers. They often have a bitter taste. As they are not as ripe as their counterparts, green peppers are certainly not as nutritious.
- Suntans – A suntan pepper is a green pepper with spots of yellow and/or red in it. It is not fully ripe, but not as unripe as a green pepper.
- Cubanelle – Also called a Cuban pepper, a cubanelle pepper is a long, sweet type of pepper that is used in Spanish and Italian cuisines. Many chefs prefer cubanelles over bell peppers because they are more suited for quick cooking.
- Jalapeno – Jalapeno peppers have a reputation for being quite spicy. They come in either green or red varieties, with red jalapenos as the spicier of the two. The heat that is associated with the jalapeno actually comes from the membrane around the seeds inside of the pepper.
- Long Hots – Also known as Italian Long Hots, these peppers are typically used in homemade Italian cooking while they are still green. Each one, however, varies in spiciness.
Peppers are tasty, nutritious, and add a great kick to many types of dishes! At E. Armata, a produce distributor in the Bronx, we offer a wide variety of peppers for your wholesale needs. We are located in Hunts Point, in close proximity to Queens and Manhattan for your convenience. For more information or to place an order, call our Hunts Point Warehouse at 718-991-5600.
The Best Vegetables For Your Summer BBQ
The warmth of summer has finally set in, and the grilling season is in full swing! Cooking vegetables from the Hunts Point Produce Market on the grill brings forward an irresistible flavor for your next barbecue! E. Armata Inc. is a family-run produce wholesaler that has been serving our customers for over 100 years and takes great pride in our outstanding summer vegetable selection. Continue reading to discover some of our favorite veggies to bring to your summer BBQ!
Best Vegetables for a Summer BBQ
Meat has always been the center of attention during barbecue season, but summer is the perfect time to brighten up your plate with in-season summer fruits and vegetables. Veggies may make an appearance as a side dish, but you can turn them into the main attraction during grilling season. Here are some of our favorite summer vegetables available at the Hunts Point Produce Market you can enjoy at your next BBQ:
- Bell Peppers – You can grill bell peppers whole or quarter them for skewers! Char your bell peppers on the grill for about 4 minutes until they are blackened, then let them steam for around 10 minutes. You’ll be left with smoky and delicious fire-roasted peppers!
- Onions – Grilled onions should be a staple at your BBQ! Slice the onions into rounds, and place them on the grill for around 5 minutes to get enough char, then flip to cook the other side for a minute.
- Roasted Garlic – While garlic is not traditionally associated with barbecues, you can easily roast garlic on the grill and bring more flavor to your dishes! All you need is aluminum foil and olive oil. Simply slice the top off an entire bulb of garlic, place it on foil, and drizzle it with oil. Then wrap up the garlic and put it on the grill for around 40 minutes.
Grilling your vegetables brings out every ounce of deep, roasted flavor and makes for a tasty and nutritious addition to your barbecue!
Local Produce Distributors in Queens NY
E. Armata Inc. has operated out of the Hunts Point Produce Market for years, and our customers taste the difference in our produce! To discover more about our summer vegetables or for general information, be sure to contact us today!
What Fruits Are In Season For Summer 2022?
The summer season is in full swing, and so are delicious fruits at the Hunts Point Market! E. Armata Inc. is the leading wholesale produce operation in Hunts Point that distributes fresh, seasonal produce to our customers. Our team would like to share some of our favorite fruits that are in season for Summer 2022, so continue reading to learn more!
Summer Fruits 2022
From ripe peaches to juicy watermelon, the bounty of fresh summer fruits coming into Hunts Point Market is an exciting celebration of flavors, colors, and textures. When you shop for fruits that are in season, you not only save money but also get to enjoy the freshest and most nutritious fruit. Our team would like to share some information about what’s best in season this summer:
- Cherries – Cherry season is short but sweet. Cherries are a wholesome snack with high amounts of potassium, which is critical for optimal cell function and heart health!
- Raspberries – Raspberries are in season from July through October. This delicious and colorful berry pairs perfectly with other summer fruits. Enjoy raspberries on their own, or add them to a dessert or smoothie!
- Limes – While they may be too sour to eat on their own, limes are the perfect fruit to add flavor to your next BBQ. Squeeze this fresh citrus over any protein and let the juices sear with the smoke. You can also add limes to your favorite summer beverages!
- Stone Fruits – Peaches and other stone fruits are at their peak from July to August. Peaches are full of vitamins and antioxidants and are delicious on their own or on the grill!
- Honeydew – Honeydew is the sweetest melon that contains more natural sugars than watermelon or cantaloupe. Honeydews are a refreshing snack or dessert and taste amazing when infused into beverages.
Contact Our Produce Distributors in Queens NY
When you shop with E. Armata Inc. at the Hunts Point Market, you can feel confident that you are getting the best tasting fruit around! There are plenty of fruits and vegetables that are in season during the summer months, so be sure to contact us today to learn more!