Broccoli has many health benefits including its ability to improve digestion, lower cholesterol and fight cancer. Broccoli is rich in nutrients that help cleanse the body, lower blood pressure and help fight inflammation. Our produce distributors in the Bronx at E. Armata source freshly grown broccoli with our excellent quality produce. We are among of the largest wholesalers of produce in America. Below are some other benefits broccoli have to offer.
Additional Benefits of Broccoli – Produce Distributor in the Bronx
- Improves metabolism
- Detoxifies the body
- Prevents heart disease
- Improves bone and teeth health
- Regulates blood pressure
- Boosts brain and liver health
5 Ways to Cook Broccoli
- Boiling- Known as being the fastest way to cook broccoli, be sure to cool the broccoli quickly, as it will continue to cook after it comes out of the pot.
- Sauteing- Sauteing the broccoli in a large skillet will allow the broccoli to get a delicious, crunchy, brown edge. Sauteing broccoli goes great with other vegetables as well.
- Steam it- To start, fill the steamer basket with an inch or two of water. By putting broccoli in a steamer basket for 3-5 minutes, you will have a quick and delicious snack. Add lemon or seasoning to steamed broccoli for additional flavor!
- Roast it- Lay the broccoli in a baking sheet and roast it with salt, pepper, and olive oil for around 20 minutes. Allow the broccoli to char at the ends, and let sit until it is fully cooled.
- Grill it- A step above roasting the broccoli, grilling the broccoli will give the broccoli an even char all around in less than 10 minutes.
Contact Us At The Hunts Point Produce Market
Our produce distributors have delicious broccoli stalks and excellent quality products. Broccoli is a delicious way to stay healthy, and there are many options for cooking it. Read more on delicious recipes with broccoli that will make you want to cook broccoli tonight! If you want high quality fresh produce, we suggest that you reach out to us for our services. Contact E. Armata to learn more about our produce distributors in New York City.