With all the delicious Halloween candy filling our homes this year, it’s easy to go overboard on the sweets. While candy is great in moderation, you can satisfy your sweet tooth with a delicious fruit salad using fresh fruits from the Hunts Point Produce Market! Our team at E. Armata Inc. would like to share a spooky and delightful fall fruit salad recipe for your Halloween party, so continue reading to learn more!
Fall Fruit Salad Recipe For A Halloween Party
If you’re looking for a tasty Halloween party food idea that is not packed with sugar and candy, a fruit salad is a healthy and fun option! You can get the whole family involved in preparing for the party and use fresh fruit from the Hunts Point Produce Market in your dish! Full of so many different fruits and flavors, here is a delicious fruit salad recipe from Flawless Food for your upcoming Halloween bash:
You can use whatever fruits you prefer, but for this recipe, try:
- Two Passion Fruits.
- 1 Apple.
- 2 Pears.
- Soda Water.
- 2 Kiwi.
- 1 Box of Grapes.
- 1 Box of Blackberries.
- 1 Box of blueberries.
- 4 Mandarins.
- 2 Slices of Cucumber (for pumpkin stalks).
This recipe involves using cookie cutters to create spooky fruit shapes, so use these fruits below:
- 1 Honeydew.
- 1 Cantaloupe.
- 1 Pineapple.
- ½ Watermelon.
- Edible Decorations (for eyes).
- Slice up your apples and pears into thin slices. To prevent browning, soak the sliced fruit in a bowl with soda water and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Remove the skin from all of the melons and pineapple. Slice them lengthwise to maximize the amount of shapes you can cut from them. Use Halloween-themed cutters like a pumpkin, bat, or cat to cut out shapes in the fruit slices, and cut the remaining fruit into chunks.
- For the mandarin oranges, remove the peel and pith. Chop up a cucumber slice and place it on top of the peeled orange to create a tangy fruit pumpkin.
- Prepare the other fruits by peeling or chopping them up as you see fit.
- Layer the pears, apples, and leftover pineapple and melon chunks onto a shallow bowl or plate, then place the other fruits.
- As the platter starts filling up, arrange your Halloween shapes on top. You can use the smaller blueberries and grapes to help them stand up.
- Use your edible decorations to create eyes in some of your animal or ghost shapes.
- The platter is complete! Keep your fruit salad covered and refrigerated until ready to serve!
This fruit salad recipe is perfect for the whole family, and cutting out the shapes in the fruit is a great way to get the kids involved! Halloween is not usually about being healthy, but this fruit salad is a great way to deliver some nutrients and cut back on the sugar rush!
Contact The Hunts Point Produce Market
If you’re interested in trying this fruit salad recipe, be sure to check out E. Armata Inc. at the Hunts Point Produce Market! To learn more about our selection or for general inquiries, be sure to contact us today!