Recipe courtesy of tasteofhome.com
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons turbinado (washed raw) sugar or coarse sugar
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar and cornmeal; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add buttermilk, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Shape into a disk; cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine berries, sugar, flour and lemon juice; spoon over crust to within 2 in. of edge. Fold crust edge over filling, leaving center uncovered. Brush folded crust with beaten egg; sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Using parchment, slide tart onto a wire rack to cool. If desired, serve with whipped cream.