- Cinnamon-Apple Filling
- 4 (1-ounce) slices diagonally cut French bread (about 1-inch thick)
- ½ cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Prepare Cinnamon-Apple Filling.
- Cut a horizontal slit through the side of each bread slice to form a pocket. Stuff 3 tablespoons apple filling into each pocket.
- Place milk, vanilla, and egg in a shallow dish; stir with a whisk until blended. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip each side of stufed bread in egg mixture to coat. Add stuffed bread to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Top evenly with remaining filling.