10 Amazing Benefits of Basil Herbs
If you’re a fan of Italian cuisine, you’re probably familiar with basil. Basil is an herb that belongs to the mint family that packs a lot of flavor and nutrients in every meal. Our team at E. Armata Inc. is Hunts Point Fruit Market committed to providing our customers with fresh, nutritious produce and herbs all year round. Please continue reading to learn more about some of the fantastic health benefits of basil.
10 Benefits of Basil
Basil is a fragrant and well-loved herb that is integral to many cuisines. Many people plant basil in their kitchen gardens so they can grab a fresh handful when needed. Fresh basil contains numerous vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that disappear during the process of drying, so be sure to grab fresh basil from our Hunts Point Fruit Market. Here are a few of the amazing benefits of basil:
- Basil helps digestion – Sweet basil contains a chemical compound known as eugenol. Eugenol has anti-inflammatory properties that keep your digestive tract healthy.
- Great for skin – Fresh basil contains powerful essential oils that cleanse your skin. Basil is especially beneficial to those with oily skin. If you struggle with acne, this herb’s antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties can help prevent the problem.
- Reduced oxidative stress – Basil is jam-packed with antioxidants to combat free radicals found in the body. Basil also has immune system boosting flavonoids that protect the cellular structure from damage.
- Diabetes management – Adding basil to your diet can help with diabetes. Basil can slow the process of sugar release in your blood to help you manage your condition.
- Fighting inflammation – Basil’s anti-inflammatory properties and essential oils can help fight inflammation from a range of conditions, including IBS, rheumatoid arthritis, and heart conditions. Consuming fresh basil can also help with headaches or a sore throat.
- Fighting infection – Various traditional medicine practitioners have used fresh basil as an antimicrobial agent to prevent or treat certain types of infection.
- Improving mental health – Basil contains an anti-stress substance called an adaptogen. It can help deal with symptoms of depression and anxiety while stimulating the neurotransmitters that control energy and feel-good hormones.
- Preventing heart ailments – Basil contains eugenol that aids in blocking calcium channels. This, in turn, can lower blood pressure. The essential oils found in basil can lower cholesterol, and magnesium in basil helps improve circulation.
- Supports liver function – Basil’s detox properties can help your liver health by preventing fat build-up in the liver.
- Adding flavor – Aside from being beneficial to your health, basil makes a unique, colorful, and fresh addition to many dishes. Try adding fresh basil to a salad, wrap, or soup and enjoy!
Earmata – Hunts Point Fruit Market
At E. Armata Inc., our Hunts Point Fruit Market takes pride in making the highest quality products available to our customers. If you’re interested in ordering some fresh basil, be sure to contact our team today!
What Are Jalapeño Peppers?
Even if you are relatively new to eating hot peppers, you probably know of jalapeño peppers. Many people think of this pepper as a spicy hot pepper, but this pepper is considered mild to moderate on the Scoville scale. At E. Armata Inc., we are one of the top Hunts Point Fruit Market. We offer a variety of different peppers for wholesale that taste amazing in many different styles of preparation. To learn more about jalapeño peppers, continue reading below!
What Are Jalapeño Peppers?
Jalapeños have been used for thousands of years, with their origins in Mexico. This pepper’s name translates to “from Jalapa,” which is a city in Mexico where the pepper was first cultivated. These peppers are a staple in Mexican and Tex-Mex cuisines but have become popularized worldwide. Jalapeños have a reputation for being quite spicy peppers that come in red and green varieties. The red peppers are considered the hotter of the two. The heat of the jalapeño pepper comes from the membrane found around the seeds inside the pepper. The jalapeño pepper has a great crunch and thickness that makes it perfect for salsa and guacamole. If you’re looking to add a nice kick to some of your favorite recipes, consider placing an order with one of the leading Hunts Point Fruit Market at E. Armata Inc.
Surprising Jalapeño Benefits
Jalapeño peppers are not only flavorful but are packed with nutrients and several other health benefits. Some of these benefits include:
- Promotes Weight Loss – Jalapeños can help you shed excess pounds by boosting your metabolism.
- Pain Relief – Capsaicin is an effective natural pain reliever when used externally. Jalapeño peppers can soothe the pain by blocking pain receptors in the afflicted area.
- Fights Infections – Compounds found in jalapeño peppers are powerful at preventing food spoilage and poisoning.
- Improve Heart Health – Capsaicin found in these peppers can help reduce some of the biggest risk factors for heart disease, including diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol.
E. Armata Inc. is one of the top Hunts Point Fruit Market. For decades our team has provided our customers with high-quality produce and service to meet their needs. When working with E. Armata Inc., you can be sure that you are working with the best. To learn more about our distribution process, be sure to contact our team today!
Healthy Veggie Dishes To Try During The Holidays
The holiday season is typically filled with sweet treats and mouth-watering desserts. While there is no problem to indulging yourself a bit when the family is in town, sometimes a healthy dish can be just as satisfying. That is why our team here at E. Armata Inc. would like to share some recipes for a few excellent veggie dishes you should try out. All primary ingredients are available for purchase at the Hunts Point Fruit Market we work out of, and buying from there makes sure everything is of the highest quality. For more information regarding these recipes, please continue reading.
Cheesy Bacon Asparagus Casserole
Who says vegetable dishes have to be bland and boring. This year, to wow your family, why not try making this cheesy bacon asparagus casserole as a side dish for your meal! The cooking instructions are easy to follow, and the vegetables needed can be picked up from our Hunts Point Fruit Market. The full list of ingredients include:
- Six strips of bacon cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Two cloves of minced garlic.
- ¼ cup of all-purpose flour.
- One ½ cups of milk.
- ½ cup of heavy cream.
- One cup of shredded white cheddar cheese.
- One cup of shredded gruyère cheese.
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- Crushed red pepper flakes.
- One bunch of asparagus.
- One cup of crushed ritz crackers.
Roasted Red Potatoes
Potatoes are a favorite dish for many during the holidays. If you want to try a new potato dish, make sure you purchase them from our Hunts Point Fruit Market. Roasting this dish is simple to do and will have your family more than satisfied. In addition to the red potatoes, you will also need the below:
- Three tbsp of canola oil.
- Twelve crushed garlic cloves.
- One tbsp of freshly chopped thyme.
- Two tsp of kosher salt.
- ¾ tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
Other Veggie Recipes
The best part about vegetable dishes is that there are so many different ones to choose from. By loading up with ingredients from our Hunts Point Fruit Market, you’ll increase the variety of recipes you can cook this winter. If you’re looking to wow your family’s taste buds, we recommend the below:
Contact Us At The Hunts Point Fruit Market
At E. Armata Inc., we want to help you make the best vegetable dishes possible. To do this, you’ll need to make some purchases from our Hunts Point Fruit Market. If you have any questions about what you should buy and why you should buy it from us, contact our team today.
What Are The Benefits Of Adding Squash To Your Diet?
When you’re trying to live a healthier lifestyle, the first and likely most effective change a person can make is to their diet. At E. Armata Inc. our team understands how important it is to have a diet filled with the highest quality fruits and vegetables that you can purchase. That is why we take pride in being a top Hunts Point Fruit Market. Today, our team would like to specifically discuss the benefits of adding squash into your diet for your overall health and well-being.
Types Of Squash We Distribute:
Here at E. Armata Inc., our team grows and distributes a large variety of fruits and vegetables. Our variety and commitment to customer satisfaction have helped us become a highly successful produce distributor at the Hunts Point Food Market. We can provide our customers with numerous types of squash, including the following:
- Green squash.
- Yellow squash.
The Benefits Of Squash:
Before you purchase from Hunts Point Fruit Market, it’s reasonable to want insight as to why you should be buying a specific fruit or vegetable. When it comes to squash, there are various benefits to be had from increasing your consumption of these fruits. By adding more squash to your diet, you can likely reap the below benefits:
- Potentially reduce the risk of developing cancer and certain eye diseases.
- It helps control blood sugar levels.
- Keeps your risk of heart disease low.
- Assists with weight loss.
- Maintains the function of your immune system.
Why Choose E. Armata Inc.?
When you travel to the Hunts Point Food Market, there are a variety of produce companies you can choose from to make your produce-related purchases. However, none of them can say that they have the level of quality of produce we have here at E. Armata Inc. We have spent decades forming relationships with our growers and shippers to ensure only the highest quality of produce reaches the marketplace. Our produce can speak for itself, which is why we implore you to make your purchases from our distributors.
The benefits of adding more squash to your diet cannot be overlooked. If you want to live a healthier lifestyle, we suggest making this change sooner rather than later. For those looking for more information about squashes or are interested in our business model as a whole, please feel free to contact us today. We look forward to hearing from you!
Why Are Superfoods Good For You?
You don’t have to do too much research to find the term superfood being thrown around on the internet these days. However, you may not be aware of how many types of superfoods there are, and what benefits they can bring through consumption. At E. Armata Inc., our team would like to answer these questions for you. The next time you travel to the Hunts Point Fruit Market, make sure you don’t pass up on any of the superfoods that we suggest in this article.
Types Of Super Foods:
The term superfood is used to describe nutrient-rich foods that provide a boost of health benefits to those who consume them. E. Armata Inc. has been a leading wholesale food distributor in New York and a staple in the Hunts Point Fruit Market for many years. With all the experience we have gained since our company’s inception, we have become well versed in the different types of superfoods a consumer can purchase. Some of the superfoods we distribute include just a few of the following:
The Benefits Of Superfoods:
When you’re trying to live a healthy lifestyle, sticking to the right diet is more than half the battle. Choosing to eat nutritious superfoods is a great way to promote better overall well-being. Superfoods are often chock-full of vital antioxidants, healthy fats, minerals, and nutrients. These all play a role in increasing the efficiency of bodily functions and reducing the risk of suffering from specific health issues. When you incorporate superfoods into a well-balanced diet, the benefits you’re able to receive include:
- Improved energy levels.
- Reduced effects of aging.
- The development of certain types of cancer is prevented.
- Limited risks of suffering from heart disease.
Balancing Your Diet:
It’s important to remember that no one food can supply your body with all the nutrients it needs to flourish. Even if it is a superfood, overeating one thing can be detrimental to your health, as doing so can rob your body of the range of vitamins and nutrients needed to survive. Creating a well-balanced diet that incorporates all the superfoods that we previously listed will go a long way in ensuring you remain as healthy as possible.
Earmata – Hunts Point Fruit Market
E. Armata Inc has strived to provide the best quality of superfoods for our customers since the Hunts Point Fruit Market was built in 1967. The benefits of eating them are plentiful, which is why you should always do your best to plan your diet around them. To learn more about the benefits of superfoods, be sure to contact our team today!
The Benefits Of Buying Produce In The Fall
It’s time to slip on your sweaters and hit your local market for the fall season. Every year, Americans celebrate fall traditions with apple or pumpkin picking. These fall traditions bring people together and encourage locals to buy from a market rather than a supermarket. At E. Armata Inc, located at the Hunts Point Fruit Market, we want you to find nature’s perfect snack. Most of us pick up produce for the fall fun, but did you know buying from your local market has many benefits? Eating fresh veggies and fruits can help us maintain a healthy lifestyle. Here are some other facts about produce:
- Apples can give you more energy than coffee: Consider replacing your morning cup of joe with an apple. Apples are packed with high amounts of nutrition that can keep you energized throughout the day. They are rich in carbohydrates, which most people think you can only find in bread or pasta. Carbohydrates are fuel for the brain, which breaks down into a sugar called glucose, giving you energy for the rest of the day.
- Pumpkins and other products can keep you hydrated: When the body gets dehydrated, we can get headaches, muscle aches, low blood pressure, and more. Pumpkins are 94 percent water, which is higher than the amount of water in watermelon. Other hydrating produce is strawberries, cantaloupe, peaches, oranges, and cucumbers.
- The skin on a fruit or vegetable has the most nutrition: Produce like apples, carrots, and cucumbers lose their nutritional value when you peel off the skin. Most produce has large amounts of fiber-packed in the skin, which can benefit your digestive health. However, other produce like oranges, watermelon, and avocados need to be peeled. Still, their rinds or skin are packed in nutritional value.
- Fall colors say a lot more than you think: Bright orange, red, dark greens, and even some purple vegetables can be packed with healthy nutrition. When carrots or pumpkins are bright oranges, this tells us that they’re an excellent source of Vitamin A. Another example is dark green lettuce leaves, which are more nutritious than the lighter colored ones. Purple produce is also known for having cancer-fighting properties.
Visit Us At Hunts Point Fruit Market Today!
At E. Armata Inc, located at the Hunts Point Fruit Market, we want you to stay informed about seasonal fruits and vegetables. Call us today or visit our market located in Bronx, New York to learn more about the benefits of produce!