Hunts Point Produce Market
E. Armata is a family run business, operating for over 100 years as fruit and produce distributors. With a modest start in Manhattan at the Washington Street Market, E. Armata is now one of the largest wholesalers operating in the Hunts Point Produce Market. We are proud to now be entering into the 4th generation stage of our business. E. Armata takes great pride in managing the company with integrity and the highest quality product available for all our customers – be they a large retail customer, institutional supplier, or small grocers who visit the Hunts Point Produce Market.
Over the last century, E. Armata has prospered as a leader among the Hunts Point Produce Market. Our brand prides itself on having a family tradition of loyalty to customers and partnerships with farmers and growers that span generations.
Meet our executives:
As President of E. Armata, Inc., Chris Armata oversees the general administration, as well as the trend and focus of the company. He believes in forward thinking and technology, and never sitting still. Chris places a high value on his company’s most significant assets – their integrity, their people, and their experience – along with the simple approach of always looking ahead. These attributes are what Chris feels will continue to propel E. Armata successfully into the future at the Hunts Point produce market.
As Vice President of E. Armata, Inc., Paul Armata handles purchasing and monitors sales for the Western Vegetable Division. Paul also oversees other warehouse functions, such as managing the crews, warehouse operations, trucking, and overall sales. As part of the process, he also supervises customer receivables. Paul enjoys interacting with customers and believes that having good customer relations is the key to continued growth. Paul is proud of the family business, its integrity and reputation along with their hardworking employees, and a legacy of providing high-quality produce to the Hunts Point produce market.
As Treasurer of E. Armata, as well as Managing Director of E. Armata’s Fruit Division, John Acompora, “Ackie,” handles fruit purchasing, oversees fruit sales, and manages all aspects of the Fruit Division. Ackie especially enjoys cultivating the relationships with customers and grower/shippers, and usually begins his workday around 4 am. Ackie first joined E. Armata’s team of produce distributors in the Hunts Point produce market in 1978 when Nick Armata hired him to unload trailers. Ackie worked his way up from Unloader to Checker, then Foreman, and eventually Salesman.
Aside from our executives, we have a full team eager to make E. Armata one of the best produce distributors located in the Hunts Point produce market. From the gentleman sweeping the floors to our men on the forklifts at E. Armata, we believe that our employees are the backbone of our company. We have employees that have been a part of our team for over thirty years. No matter what your role is, at E. Armata, we all grow together.
It’s All About Relationships:
As some of the top produce distributors located in the Hunts Point produce market, E. Armata currently works with 100s of grower/shippers. We are proud of the strong relationships we have built with these grower/shippers over four generations; relationships that extend past the business table.
We have established trust with everybody involved in the process. From the grower – the first source of our business; to the trucker and the transportation of our products; to our employees – who do an excellent job handling our products and services. And above all, the customers who we can count on every day. For our business to succeed, you can’t have anyone without the other. As one of the largest distributors in the Hunts Point produce market our shipping family is quite extensive. Here are some of the following shippers we’ve made part of our family:
- Alpine Fresh
- Berry lovers
- C&B Farms
- Del Monte
- Jim Pandol & Company
- Kern Ridge
- Mucci Farms
& many more!
How Can E. Armata Help You Grow?
At E. Armata, we don’t just take orders for delivery; we accept a responsibility. As top distributors located in the Hunts Point produce market, our sales team follows these steps to help you:
- We deliver fresh produce daily to efficiently fulfill your replenishment needs.
- Our modern trucks are temperature controlled to make certain we meet your high-quality standards all year round.
- We use the latest in technological advancements in order to maximize our shippers delivery schedules to accommodate both your business’s needs and our growing demand.
- To ensure the safety of our drivers and the communities we serve, we monitor and track the speed of our shipping vehicles.
- We are committed to meeting all of our new and long-standing customers’ needs.
What do you get when you visit the Hunts Point produce market:
At E. Armata we have an extensive list of fruit and produce available to our customers. As top tier distributors in the Hunts Point produce market we offer the best of the best when it comes to our inventory. We break down our produce in the following categories:
- To provide our customers with the freshest berries, we have regular availability of strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries, all arriving fresh daily. Whether it be a
product of USA or imported, we are sure to fulfill our customers’ needs with the best fruit possible coming from top shippers and growers.
- E. Armata’s Eastern Vegetable department carries a full line of items from Florida up the East Coast through Canada as well as Texas and Mexico. We partner with top growers and shippers to bring to you the highest quality produce available.
- The fruit department sources product globally, including but not limited to the United States, New Zealand, Chile and the South Americas, California, Morocco, Spain, and South Africa, Vietnam, China, and Mexico.
- Herbs are sourced year-round from the Middle East and South America in order to provide the freshest and most affordable product.
- E. Armata is proud to be amongst the leading distributors in the Hunts Point produce market of melons on the east coast. Decades of long partnerships with our growers from Central America, Texas, Florida and up the east coast has solidified our ability to best serve our cherished and much appreciate customers.
- Mushrooms are delivered fresh daily to E. Armata from local growers only a few hours away. We also work with exotic mushroom suppliers, providing a broad range of specialties.
Potatoes, Onions, & Carrots
- The potato and onion department is one of E. Armata’s fastest expanding in the past three years. With the expansion of our warehouse space three years ago, E. Armata found a new home in order to develop our potato and onion program.
- At E. Armata the salads are rotated continuously to offer the most extended shelf life, the best quality for our customers.
- As members of the Hunts Point produce market we currently handle a vast amount of Specialty Items which are both flown in and trucked daily from around the world and domestically. We source our hothouse items from the following areas: Holland, Canada, Belgium, Spain, Israel and the USA.
- E. Armata’s tomato department is backed by over 100 years of combined experience in purchasing, selling, and repacking tomatoes, and is regarded as one of the elite tomato distributors in the Hunts Point produce market.
- The constant growth and expansion of cultures in our society call for extra measures to meet the needs and demands of the same. We have added a full line of tropical fruits and vegetables, imported from high-quality growers in Central and South American countries.
- We are fortunate to have relationships with the most respected growers from California, Mexico, and Peru. These alliances have allowed us to source the freshest, most in-season products from all across the Western hemisphere.
E. Armata Brands
- As unique distributors in the Hunts Point produce market, we handle Bunch Spinach, Baby Spinach, Spring Mix (mesclun), limes, and Watermelons all packed in our exclusive E. Armata label. We have always taken great pride in doing so, as our customers ask for them on a regular basis. We are also introducing Spring Mix along with Baby Spinach in a label featuring Erasmo, the founder of our four-generation company.
At E. Armata Inc., we take pride in being one of the best of the best in the Hunts Point produce market by providing the highest quality products. Food safety and quality control are important in preventing food-borne illnesses such as Escherichia coli O157, Shigella, and Yersinia. At E. Armata Inc., we are GMP-certified as well as a recipient of a 100 percent superior rating through the FDA’s Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP). Our commitment to food safety is evidenced by the practices we’ve implemented. Below are a few ways our team in the Hunts Point produce market provide of the highest quality product:
We receive shipments daily
This guarantees proper cleanliness and optimizes quality to our customers. We are diligent about the inspection process and take the time to review all products being shipped out to our customers before delivery. All of our quality teams are staffed and managed in-house at E. Armata Inc. and we take pride in being distributors in the Hunts Point produce market that offer the freshest produce to our clients.
All of our trucks are temperature controlled
This method limits contamination of harmful bacteria and pollution produce distributors may experience during transport. For example, increased humidity causes increased the risk of spore and fungi production on fruits and vegetables.
We keep thorough track of our products
Our team at the Hunts Point produce market specifically keeps track of all the fresh food products we receive by immediately uploading a picture of them as they are delivered onto our iPad tracking system. This means that we take the extra time to ensure all deliverables are up-to-date in our system to ensure quality.
We employ an experienced quality control team
Our employees are trained in Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) quality control. This process consists of seven principles: hazard analysis, identifying critical control points, determining critical limits, monitoring critical points, establishing corrective actions, developing record-keeping procedures, and establishing verification procedures. This ensures we continue to be top-quality produce distributors in the Hunts Point produce market.
Our inspectors are USDA-trained
Our inspectors are trained by the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service inspection standards, which is a nationally recognized agency that provides the standardization, testing, and grading of all food products sold in the US.
How do we operate at the Hunts Point Produce Market?
We take a lot of pride in providing our customers with a clean, organized and cold chain compliant facility. From the aisle markers to our helpful employees, picking orders is a pain-free process. We are not only food safety compliant, but we also scored in the highest percentile while doing so. We will always focus on treating our shipper’s product correctly while servicing our customers to the best of our ability.
As our company continues to flourish, we find that it is essential to upgrade our facility and our equipment. Located on the Hunts Point Produce Market in the Bronx, NY, we have invested in E. Armata’s future with facility acquisitions, renovations, technology upgrades, and fleet additions. Our newly renovated facility consists of over 60,000 square feet of temperature controlled storage. We have a dedicated warehouse and repacking facility in a separate building at one end of the market. This allows us to organize our racking system to have every item a click away enabling us to offer a large variety of produce that can be picked up at our Hunts Point facility, or delivered by our fleet of trucks.
E. Armata has been certified by Good Management Practices, commonly referred to as GMP, and HACCP with a 100 percent superior rating. To offer our customers the freshest produce possible, we receive deliveries daily. Upon arrival at our cold-chain compliant facility, produce is thoroughly checked by our in-house quality control team to ensure that only the best product reaches our end users. We use an iPad system to upload product photos as deliveries are received. Our inspectors are trained by USDA Agricultural Marketing Service inspection standards. E. Armata is committed to proper inspection and handling to provide our customers the freshest produce to fill their orders and help their businesses flourish. We are dedicated to supplying our growers, shippers, and customers with the best quality and safest product possible.
Hunts Point Market Entrance Fee
- 8hr. DAY PASS – $3.00 per person
- Car – $2.00
- Van / Pickup Truck – $5.00
- Straight Jobs – $10.00
- Semi’s (4 & 5 Axle) – $30.00
*If asked to pay something different, request a supervisor.