Hunts Point Produce Market
E. Armata is a family run business, operating for over 100 years as fruit and produce distributors. With a modest start in Manhattan at the Washington Street Market, E. Armata is now one of the largest wholesalers operating in the Hunts Point Produce Market. We are proud to now be entering into the 4th generation stage of our business. E. Armata takes great pride in managing the company with integrity and the highest quality product available for all our customers – be they a large retail customer, institutional supplier, or small grocers who visit the Hunts Point Produce Market.
Over the last century, E. Armata has prospered as a leader among the Hunts Point Produce Market. Our brand prides itself on having a family tradition of loyalty to customers and partnerships with farmers and growers that span generations.
Meet our executives At The Hunts Point Produce Market:
As President of E. Armata, Inc., Chris Armata oversees the general administration, as well as the trend and focus of the company. He believes in forward thinking and technology, and never sitting still. Chris places a high value on his company’s most significant assets – their integrity, their people, and their experience – along with the simple approach of always looking ahead. These attributes are what Chris feels will continue to propel E. Armata successfully into the future at the Hunts Point produce market.
As Vice President of E. Armata, Inc., Paul Armata handles purchasing and monitors sales for the Western Vegetable Division. Paul also oversees other warehouse functions, such as managing the crews, warehouse operations, trucking, and overall sales. As part of the process, he also supervises customer receivables. Paul enjoys interacting with customers and believes that having good customer relations is the key to continued growth. Paul is proud of the family business, its integrity and reputation along with their hardworking employees, and a legacy of providing high-quality produce to the Hunts Point produce market.
As Treasurer of E. Armata, as well as Managing Director of E. Armata’s Fruit Division, John Acompora, “Ackie,” handles fruit purchasing, oversees fruit sales, and manages all aspects of the Fruit Division. Ackie especially enjoys cultivating the relationships with customers and grower/shippers, and usually begins his workday around 4 am. Ackie first joined E. Armata’s team of produce distributors in the Hunts Point produce market in 1978 when Nick Armata hired him to unload trailers. Ackie worked his way up from Unloader to Checker, then Foreman, and eventually Salesman.
Aside from our executives, we have a full team eager to make E. Armata one of the best produce distributors located in the Hunts Point produce market. From the gentleman sweeping the floors to our men on the forklifts at E. Armata, we believe that our employees are the backbone of our company. We have employees that have been a part of our team for over thirty years. No matter what your role is, at E. Armata, we all grow together.
How Can E. Armata At The Hunts Point Produce Market Help You Grow?
As some of the top produce distributors located in the Hunts Point produce market, E. Armata currently works with 100s of grower/shippers. We are proud of the strong relationships we have built with these grower/shippers over four generations; relationships that extend past the business table.
We have established trust with everybody involved in the process. From the grower – the first source of our business; to the trucker and the transportation of our products; to our employees – who do an excellent job handling our products and services. And above all, the customers who we can count on every day. For our business to succeed, you can’t have anyone without the other. As one of the largest distributors in the Hunts Point produce market our shipping family is quite extensive. Here are some of the following shippers we’ve made part of our family:
- Alpine Fresh
- Berry lovers
- C&B Farms
- Del Monte
- Jim Pandol & Company
- Kern Ridge
- Mucci Farms
& many more!
How Can E. Armata At The Hunts Point Produce Market Help You Grow?
At E. Armata, we don’t just take orders for delivery; we accept a responsibility. As top distributors located in the Hunts Point produce market, our sales team follows these steps to help you:
- We deliver fresh produce daily to efficiently fulfill your replenishment needs.
- Our modern trucks are temperature controlled to make certain we meet your high-quality standards all year round.
- We use the latest in technological advancements in order to maximize our shippers delivery schedules to accommodate both your business’s needs and our growing demand.
- To ensure the safety of our drivers and the communities we serve, we monitor and track the speed of our shipping vehicles.
- We are committed to meeting all of our new and long-standing customers’ needs.
What do you get when you visit the Hunts Point Produce Market:
At E. Armata we have an extensive list of fruit and produce available to our customers. As top tier distributors in the Hunts Point produce market we offer the best of the best when it comes to our inventory. We break down our produce in the following categories:
- To provide our customers with the freshest berries, we have regular availability of strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries, all arriving fresh daily. Whether it be a product of USA or imported, we are sure to fulfill our customers’ needs with the best fruit possible coming from top shippers and growers.
- E. Armata’s Eastern Vegetable department carries a full line of items from Florida up the East Coast through Canada as well as Texas and Mexico. We partner with top growers and shippers to bring to you the highest quality produce available.
- The fruit department sources product globally, including but not limited to the United States, New Zealand, Chile and the South Americas, California, Morocco, Spain, and South Africa, Vietnam, China, and Mexico.
- Herbs are sourced year-round from the Middle East and South America in order to provide the freshest and most affordable product.
- E. Armata is proud to be amongst the leading distributors in the Hunts Point produce market of melons on the east coast. Decades of long partnerships with our growers from Central America, Texas, Florida and up the east coast has solidified our ability to best serve our cherished and much appreciate customers.
- Mushrooms are delivered fresh daily to E. Armata from local growers only a few hours away. We also work with exotic mushroom suppliers, providing a broad range of specialties.
Potatoes, Onions, & Carrots
- The potato and onion department is one of E. Armata’s fastest expanding in the past three years. With the expansion of our warehouse space three years ago, E. Armata found a new home in order to develop our potato and onion program.
- At E. Armata the salads are rotated continuously to offer the most extended shelf life, the best quality for our customers.
- As members of the Hunts Point produce market we currently handle a vast amount of Specialty Items which are both flown in and trucked daily from around the world and domestically. We source our hothouse items from the following areas: Holland, Canada, Belgium, Spain, Israel and the USA.
- E. Armata’s tomato department is backed by over 100 years of combined experience in purchasing, selling, and repacking tomatoes, and is regarded as one of the elite tomato distributors in the Hunts Point produce market.
- The constant growth and expansion of cultures in our society call for extra measures to meet the needs and demands of the same. We have added a full line of tropical fruits and vegetables, imported from high-quality growers in Central and South American countries.
- We are fortunate to have relationships with the most respected growers from California, Mexico, and Peru. These alliances have allowed us to source the freshest, most in-season products from all across the Western hemisphere.
E. Armata Brands At The Hunts Point Produce Market
- As unique distributors in the Hunts Point produce market, we handle Bunch Spinach, Baby Spinach, Spring Mix (mesclun), limes, and Watermelons all packed in our exclusive E. Armata label. We have always taken great pride in doing so, as our customers ask for them on a regular basis. We are also introducing Spring Mix along with Baby Spinach in a label featuring Erasmo, the founder of our four-generation company.
At E. Armata Inc., we take pride in being one of the best of the best in the Hunts Point produce market by providing the highest quality products. Food safety and quality control are important in preventing food-borne illnesses such as Escherichia coli O157, Shigella, and Yersinia. At E. Armata Inc., we are GMP-certified as well as a recipient of a 100 percent superior rating through the FDA’s Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP). Our commitment to food safety is evidenced by the practices we’ve implemented. Below are a few ways our team in the Hunts Point produce market provide of the highest quality product:
We receive shipments daily
This guarantees proper cleanliness and optimizes quality to our customers. We are diligent about the inspection process and take the time to review all products being shipped out to our customers before delivery. All of our quality teams are staffed and managed in-house at E. Armata Inc. and we take pride in being distributors in the Hunts Point produce market that offer the freshest produce to our clients.
All of our trucks are temperature controlled
This method limits contamination of harmful bacteria and pollution produce distributors may experience during transport. For example, increased humidity causes increased the risk of spore and fungi production on fruits and vegetables.
We keep thorough track of our products
Our team at the Hunts Point produce market specifically keeps track of all the fresh food products we receive by immediately uploading a picture of them as they are delivered onto our iPad tracking system. This means that we take the extra time to ensure all deliverables are up-to-date in our system to ensure quality.
We employ an experienced quality control team
Our employees are trained in Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) quality control. This process consists of seven principles: hazard analysis, identifying critical control points, determining critical limits, monitoring critical points, establishing corrective actions, developing record-keeping procedures, and establishing verification procedures. This ensures we continue to be top-quality produce distributors in the Hunts Point produce market.
Our inspectors are USDA-trained
Our inspectors are trained by the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service inspection standards, which is a nationally recognized agency that provides the standardization, testing, and grading of all food products sold in the US.
How do we operate at the Hunts Point Produce Market?
We take a lot of pride in providing our customers with a clean, organized and cold chain compliant facility. From the aisle markers to our helpful employees, picking orders is a pain-free process. We are not only food safety compliant, but we also scored in the highest percentile while doing so. We will always focus on treating our shipper’s product correctly while servicing our customers to the best of our ability.
Our Facility At The Hunts Point Market:
As our company continues to flourish, we find that it is essential to upgrade our facility and our equipment. Located on the Hunts Point Produce Market in the Bronx, NY, we have invested in E. Armata’s future with facility acquisitions, renovations, technology upgrades, and fleet additions. Our newly renovated facility consists of over 60,000 square feet of temperature controlled storage. We have a dedicated warehouse and repacking facility in a separate building at one end of the market. This allows us to organize our racking system to have every item a click away enabling us to offer a large variety of produce that can be picked up at our Hunts Point facility, or delivered by our fleet of trucks.
E. Armata has been certified by Good Management Practices, commonly referred to as GMP, and HACCP with a 100 percent superior rating. To offer our customers the freshest produce possible, we receive deliveries daily. Upon arrival at our cold-chain compliant facility, produce is thoroughly checked by our in-house quality control team to ensure that only the best product reaches our end users. We use an iPad system to upload product photos as deliveries are received. Our inspectors are trained by USDA Agricultural Marketing Service inspection standards. E. Armata is committed to proper inspection and handling to provide our customers the freshest produce to fill their orders and help their businesses flourish. We are dedicated to supplying our growers, shippers, and customers with the best quality and safest product possible.
What Is The Hunts Point Produce Market?
The Hunts Point Market is just what it sounds like, a produce market located in Hunts Point. Only, it is so much more than a traditional market. It is open 24/7 and sells produce wholesale. It is also the largest food distributor of its kind globally, earning an average revenue of over about 2 billion dollars. Although this market houses over 30 wholesale food businesses, none match the quality that our team at E. Armata Inc. provides.
The Story Of E. Armata Inc.
Before becoming one of the leading wholesale distributors at the Hunts Point Market, E. Armata Inc. started with humble beginnings. Our founder used to sell lemons out of a burlap sack to customers over 100 years ago. This modest business slowly but surely transformed into the powerhouse we are today. We’ve spent 40 years crafting relationships with the best growers and shippers available, ensuring the produce our customers receive is always top quality.
Types Of Produce That Can Be Purchased
If you’re interested in traveling to the Hunts Point Market, you’re likely wondering what can be purchased there. While we can’t speak for the other distributors, here at E. Armata Inc., we have an extensive range of produce to choose from. Everything we sell to our customers has been meticulously vetted to ensure quality and customer satisfaction. When you need to purchase any of the below (or other fruits and vegetables), make sure you buy from us:
- Eastern vegetables.
- Western vegetables.
At E. Armata Inc., we are always happy to answer any questions our customers may have. Whether it be regarding our operation or the Hunts Point Produce Market, we have the information you’re looking for in this industry. Please don’t hesitate to contact our team today to gain more valuable information about our organization
Recent Blog Posts From Hunts Point Produce Market
Are Eggplants Good For Losing Weight?
According to Choose My Plate, you should be consuming 2-3 cups of vegetables a day, and your plate should be half- filled with vegetables at every meal. It is important to make sure your body is receiving enough fruits and vegetables because, without them, your body suffers. At E.Armata located at the Hunts Point Market, we offer a wide variety of delicious and fresh fruits and vegetables.
Eggplants are a great way to lose weight because they are low in calories and carbohydrates but rich in nutrients. They are a healthy vegetable only if they are cooked right; eating Eggplant Parmesan will not help you lose weight because it is fried and topped off with cheese. Boiling or steaming eggplant is a healthier alternative because it only contains 40-50 calories.
Benefits Of Choosing Eggplant
- Helps digestion– Eggplant is rich in fiber so it helps control your blood sugars and lower the risk of heart disease. Eggplants are often referred to as a natural laxative, helping to relieve constipation.
- Helps reduce body fat- Eggplant contains saponin which is known for preventing fat absorption.
- Contains a lot of water- Eggplant contains a lot of water, improving circulation and helping to cleanse the body.
- It is an anti-inflammatory
- Helps lower cholesterol
- Eggplants are packed with many beneficial nutrients- Eggplant is rich in sodium, potassium, and iron.
- Could help fight cancer- Studies have shown that having a fruit and vegetable-filled diet could aid in the prevention of cancer. Fruit and vegetables are linked to the prevention of breast cancer, pancreatic cancer, bladder cancer and more.
- Easy to incorporate into a diet- Eggplant is versatile because of its light taste, allowing it to be added to many different types of food. Eggplant can be sauteed, baked, grilled, steamed, boiled and more. Visit the Hunts Point Market in New York to purchase eggplants of excellent quality. Read more about healthy ways to cook eggplant here.
Here at E. Armata, our family-run wholesaler located in the Hunts Point Market provides our customers with the best quality fruits and vegetables possible. We take pride in the quality of our produce and it is seen through the success of our fourth generation business.
Keep Your Fruits And Vegetables Fresh During The Summer
Summer is the best time for many of your favorite fruits and vegetables. However, keeping them fresh in the heat during the summer months can be difficult. The best way to ensure you will enjoy fresh, delicious fruits and vegetables all summer long is to get your produce from a trusted source. E. Armata Inc. is a family run fruit and produce wholesaler in the Hunts Point Market committed to providing the best quality products available to all of our customers.
From peaches to blueberries to watermelon, summer is the optimal time for many of your favorite fruits. Here are some tips to help you keep your fruit fresh as long as possible.
- Melons – If you have a melon that is ready to eat but don’t want to cut into it quite yet, store it in the fridge. Melons can keep about 10 days in cold temperatures, not to mention biting into a cold melon adds a satisfying crunch.
- Peaches and Nectarines – Peaches and nectarines are fun additions to tasty desserts and a great on-the-go snack. They should be bought firm and kept at room temperature.
- Berries – Berries are as delicious as they are delicate. To delay mold and mushiness berries often succumb to, do not wash them until the moment you want to eat them. A quick soak in hot water can also help destroy bacteria and mold spores.
- Apples – In the summer, apples should be stored in the fridge but in the fall, they should remain out on the counter.
Follow these tips to protect your vegetables from the destructive heat and humidity during the summer months and contact E. Armata at Hunts Point Market to get the highest quality products available for your store or restaurant.
- Avocados – In warm weather, avocados will ripen even faster than usual. However, do not store them in the fridge unless they are cut. Squirt some lime or lemon juice and cover with plastic wrap to prolong its freshness.
- Corn – Store your corn in the fridge in a plastic bag with the husk on, but cut off the shank. The corn will remain fresh for about two days
- Broccoli & Lettuce – Keep your greens as crisp as possible by wrapping them in tin foil before storing them in the fridge.
- Peppers – Keep your peppers unwashed, in a plastic bag in the fridge for optimal crispness.
Fresh produce is essential to a healthy diet and using these tips will ensure you get the most out of the delicious fruits and vegetables summer has to offer. Another way is to be certain you are getting the freshest produce available. E. Armata, Inc. is a 4th generation wholesaler in the Hunts Point Market, New York. Working directly with grower/ shippers guarantees the best quality products on the market. Call us today at (718-991-5600) to learn more.
What do Raspberries do for your body?
The great thing about raspberries is that you can use them in a variety of ways! You can put them in smoothies, use them to bake, or even just eat them by themselves. Not only are these fruits tasty snacks, but they are also very healthy. Raspberries have provided numerous health benefits throughout the years. Some of these health benefits have included Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Lycopene. These delicious fruits also contain a plant chemical that is known as flavonoids. Flavonoids have been known to have a significant amount of antioxidant activities, and when regularly consumed it can help to prevent moderate to chronic diseases.
Another benefit of these antioxidant activities provided through raspberries is that it helps your cells to fight, as well as helps with oxidative stress. Oxidative stress involves an imbalance of antioxidants in your body, which can in return lead to cell and tissue damage. For raspberries to contain their sweet and tart taste, while also providing a large number of benefits, they are harvested during the summer and fall months. This being said to retain and get the best flavor you should consume your raspberries shortly after purchasing them.
If you are interested in the various health benefits of raspberries while also wanting a sweet snack, then Earmata Inc. located in Hunts Point Produce Market is the produce distributor for you. Earmata Inc. has been a provider of delicious raspberries and other berry products such as strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and cranberries for a numerous amount of years. Earmata Inc. is “one of the leading berry distributors in the northeast,” and we strive greatly on providing customers with the freshest berries produced.
What Are Some More Health Benefits of Raspberries?
- High in Fiber, this can help to manage and prevent high blood pressure, obesity, heart disease as well as strokes.
- Diabetes Management, due to the antioxidants in these berries it helps to prevent inflammation which is known to be a risk factor for type 2 diabetes.
- Digestion, since raspberries contain high fiber and water content it allows consumers to maintain a healthy digestive tract.
Where to Contact Earmata Inc. and the Hunts Point Produce Market
If you find yourself wanting to try out a healthy snack then raspberries are definitely the fruit for you, especially raspberries from Earmata Inc. in the Hunts Point Produce Market. Please visit our website for more information.
Are Grape Tomatoes Good For You?
Nearly all people have heard the term “An Apple a day keeps the doctor away”, but more recently it has been found that a tomato a day also provides the same health benefits. Especially when those tomatoes are grape tomatoes. Grape tomatoes are found to have an excellent source of fiber as well as vitamin A which supports eyesight, and vitamin C which allows the body to heal. Not only do Grape tomatoes benefit your health, but they are also very tasty. These tomatoes give off a classic tomato taste as well as having a perfect sugar to acid balance allowing it to have a sweeter taste. Parents looking to add more veggies to your child’s diet, they will love the sweet taste of grape tomatoes.
If you are interested in being one of the many consumers of grape tomatoes you don’t have to search far, because Earmata Inc. is a proud produce distributor located in the Hunts Point Produce Market. Earmata Inc. has been a provider of grape tomatoes as well as other produce products for over 100 years, and has been known by many as “one of the elite tomato houses in New York.” Our company takes great pride in not only the grape tomatoes that we produce but in all of our fruit and produce.
What are some more Health Benefits of Grape Tomatoes?
Though Grape tomatoes have been known to provide a great source of Vitamin A and Vitamin C, those are not there only benefits! Other benefits may include the following:
- Low in calories.
- Very low in fat.
- Cholesterol free, this is important because foods too high in cholesterol cause plaque buildup on artery walls making it difficult for your heart to circulate blood.
- Sodium free, which helps lower blood pressure, and reduces heart attacks.
- It contains lycopene which provides sun protection, and improved heart health.
Where to Contact Earmata Inc. and the Hunts Point Produce Market
If you find yourself wanting to try out a healthy new snack, then grape tomatoes are definitely the product for you! We advise you to consider the grape tomatoes offered at Earmata in the Hunts Point Produce Market. For more information, please visit our website.
Are Brussels Sprouts A Superfood?
Did you know that brussels sprouts are in season during March? This cruciferous vegetable is low carb, low calorie, and is a nutrient powerhouse! Brussels sprouts are among many delicious and fresh vegetables you can find at the Hunts Point Produce Market. Our team at E. Armata Inc. would like to share the various health benefits of brussels sprouts with you.
Brussels sprouts have reached a surprising level of popularity in recent years. These vegetables can be purchased at the Hunts Point Produce Market and can be cooked to make a nutritious main course or side dish. Here are some of the ways that brussels sprouts can benefit your health:
- Antioxidant-Rich – Brussels sprouts are high in antioxidants. Antioxidants reduce oxidative stress in your cells and can help lower your risk of chronic disease. They are also high in kaempferol, potentially helping reduce cancer cell growth, improve heart health, and ease inflammation.
- High in Nutrients – Brussels sprouts are low calorie but high in vitamins, minerals, and fiber. They are especially rich in vitamin K, which is necessary for bone health. Their high fiber content can also help support gut health.
- Helps Regulate Blood Sugar – An increased intake of cruciferous vegetables has been linked to a decreased risk of diabetes. This is probably due to their fiber content and antioxidants regulating blood sugar and insulin levels. Brussels sprouts also contain alpha-lipoic acid that has been studied for its potential to improve insulin function.
It goes to show that brussels sprouts are a healthy and delicious option for supplying your body with crucial nutrients. Creating a balanced diet that incorporates all different types of superfoods, fruits and vegetables can potentially make all the difference in your health! You can find many fresh seasonal produce options at the Hunts Point Produce Market.
Contact Us At The Hunts Point Produce Market
Our team at E. Armata Inc. has been delivering high-quality superfoods to our customers since 1967! As you can see, there are various health benefits that you can find with brussels sprouts. Be sure to contact our team today to learn more about the multiple superfoods we offer!
Hunts Point Market Entrance Fee
- 8hr. DAY PASS – $3.00 per person
- Car – $2.00
- Van / Pickup Truck – $5.00
- Straight Jobs – $10.00
- Semi’s (4 & 5 Axle) – $30.00
*If asked to pay something different, request a supervisor.