Hunts Point Market
E. Armata is a family run business, operating for over 100 years as fruit and produce distributors located in the Hunts Point Market. With a modest start in Manhattan at the Washington Street Market, E. Armata is now one of the largest wholesalers operating in the Hunts Point Market and is proud to now be in the 4th generation stage. E. Armata takes great pride in managing the company with integrity and the highest quality product available for all our customers – be they a large retail customer, institutional supplier, or small grocers who visit the Hunts Point Market, food distribution center for quality produce. Over the last century, E. Armata has prospered as a leader among produce distributors in the Hunts Point Market. Our brand prides itself on having a family tradition of loyalty to customers and partnerships with farmers and growers that span generations.
Meet our executives:
As President of E. Armata, Inc., Chris Armata oversees the general administration, as well as the trend and focus of the company. He believes in forward thinking and technology, and never sitting still. Chris places a high value on his company’s most significant assets – their integrity, their people, and their experience – along with the simple approach of always looking ahead. These attributes are what Chris feels will continue to propel E. Armata successfully into the future.
As Vice President of E. Armata, Inc., Paul Armata handles purchasing and monitors sales for the Western Vegetable Division. Paul also oversees other warehouse functions, such as managing the crews, warehouse operations, trucking, and overall sales. As part of the process, he also supervises customer receivables. Paul enjoys interacting with customers and believes that having good customer relations is the key to continued growth. Paul is proud of the family business, its integrity, and reputation along with their hardworking employees, and a legacy of being high-quality produce in the Hunts Point Market.
As Treasurer of E. Armata, as well as Managing Director of E. Armata’s Fruit Division, John Acompora, “Ackie,” handles fruit purchasing, oversees fruit sales, and manages all aspects of the Fruit Division. Ackie especially enjoys cultivating the relationships with customers and grower/shippers, and usually begins his workday around 4 am. Ackie first joined E. Armata’s team in 1978 when Nick Armata hired him to unload trailers. Ackie worked his way up from Unloader to Checker, then Foreman, and eventually Salesman. Aside from our executives, we have a full team eager to make E. Armata one of the best produce distributors in the Hunts Point Market among a number of private wholesalers.. From the gentleman sweeping the floors to our men on the forklifts at E. Armata, we believe that our employees are the backbone of our company. We have employees that have been a part of our team for over thirty years. No matter what your role is, at E. Armata, we all grow together.
It’s all about relationships:
As one of the top produce distributors located in the Hunts Point Market in the New York City metro area, E. Armata currently works with 100s of grower/shippers. We are proud of the strong relationships we have built with these grower/shippers over four generations; relationships that extend past the business table.
We have established trust with everybody involved in the process. From the grower – the first source of our business; to the trucker and the transportation of our products; to our employees – who do an excellent job handling our products and services. And above all, the customers who we can count on every day. For our business to succeed, you can’t have anyone without the other. As one of the largest produce distributors in the Hunts Point Market, south Bronx, our shipping family is quite extensive. Here are some of the following shippers we’ve made part of our family:
- Alpine Fresh
- Berry lovers
- C&B Farms
- Del Monte
- Jim Pandol & Company
- Kern Ridge
- Mucci Farms
- ValVerde vegetable co.
- & many more!
How can produce distributors located in the Hunts Point Market help you grow?
At New York’s E. Armata, we don’t just take orders; we accept responsibility. As produce distributors located in the Hunts Point Market, located in the New York Metropolitan, our sales team follows these steps to help you:
- We deliver fresh produce daily to efficiently fulfill your replenishment needs.
- Our modern trucks are temperature controlled to make certain we meet your high-quality standards all year round.
- We use the latest in technological advancements in order to maximize our shippers delivery schedules to accommodate both your business’s needs and our growing demand.
- To ensure the safety of our drivers and the communities we serve, we monitor and track the speed of our shipping vehicles.
- We are committed to meeting all of our new and long-standing customers’ needs.
What do you get when you visit the Hunts Point Market:
At E. Armata we have an extensive list of fruit and produce available to our customers. As produce distributors in the Hunts Point Market consists of the best of the best when it comes to our inventory. We break down our produce in the following categories: Berries
- To provide our customers with the freshest berries, we have regular availability of strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries, all arriving fresh daily. Whether it be a product of USA or imported, we are sure to fulfill our customers’ needs with the best fruit possible coming from top shippers and growers.
- E. Armata’s Eastern Vegetable department carries a full line of items from Florida up the East Coast through Canada as well as Texas and Mexico. We partner with top growers and shippers to bring to you the highest quality produce available.
- The fruit department sources product globally, including but not limited to the United States, New Zealand, Chile and the South Americas, California, Morocco, Spain, and South Africa, Vietnam, China, and Mexico.
- Herbs are sourced year-round from the Middle East and South America in order to provide the freshest and most affordable product.
- E. Armata is proud to be amongst the leading distributors of melons on the east coast. Decades of long partnerships with our growers from Central America, Texas, Florida and up the east coast has solidified our ability to best serve our cherished and much appreciate customers.
- Mushrooms are delivered fresh daily to E. Armata from local growers only a few hours away. We also work with exotic mushroom suppliers, providing a broad range of specialties.
Potatoes, Onions, & Carrots
- The potato and onion department is one of E. Armata’s fastest expanding in the past three years. With the expansion of our warehouse space three years ago, E. Armata found a new home in order to develop our potato and onion program.
- At E. Armata the salads are rotated continuously to offer the most extended shelf life, the best quality for our customers.
- As produce distributors in the Hunts Point Market we currently handle a vast amount of Specialty Items which are both flown in and trucked daily from around the world and domestically. We source our hothouse items from the following areas: Holland, Canada, Belgium, Spain, Israel, and the USA.
- E. Armata’s tomato department is backed by over 100 years of combined experience in purchasing, selling, and repacking tomatoes, and is regarded as one of the elite tomato distributors in the Hunts Point Market.
- The constant growth and expansion of cultures in our society call for extra measures to meet the needs and demands of the same. We have added a full line of tropical fruits and vegetables, imported from high-quality growers in Central and South American countries.
- We are fortunate to have relationships with the most respected growers from California, Mexico, and Peru. These alliances have allowed us to source the freshest, most in-season products from all across the Western hemisphere.
E. Armata Brands
- We handle Bunch Spinach, Baby Spinach, Spring Mix (mesclun), limes, and Watermelons all packed in our exclusive E. Armata label. We have always taken great pride in doing so, as our customers ask for them on a regular basis. We are also introducing Spring Mix along with Baby Spinach in a label featuring Erasmo, the founder of our four-generation company.
At E. Armata Inc., we take pride in being one of the best produce distributors in the Hunts Point Market providing the highest quality products and wholesale produce to all New Yorkers and beyond. Food safety and quality control are important in preventing food-borne illnesses such as Escherichia coli O157, Shigella, and Yersinia. At E. Armata Inc., we are GMP-certified as well as a recipient of a 100 percent superior rating through the FDA’s Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP). Our commitment to food safety is evidenced by the practices we’ve implemented. Below are a few ways our team at the Hunts Point Market produces of the highest quality product:
We receive shipments daily
- This guarantees proper cleanliness and optimizes quality to our customers. We are diligent about the inspection process and take the time to review all products being shipped out to our customers before drop off. All of our quality teams are staffed and managed in-house at E. Armata Inc. and we take pride in being produce distributors in the Hunts Point Market that offers the freshest produce to our clients.
All of our trucks are temperature controlled
- This method limits contamination of harmful bacteria and pollution many distributors experience during transport. For example, increased humidity causes increased the risk of spore and fungi production on fruits and vegetables.
We keep thorough track of our products
- We specifically keep track of all the fresh food products we receive by immediately uploading a picture of them as they are delivered onto our iPad tracking system. This means that we take the extra time to ensure all deliverables are up-to-date in our system to ensure quality.
We employ an experienced quality control team
- Our employees are trained in Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) quality control. This process consists of seven principles: hazard analysis, identifying critical control points, determining critical limits, monitoring critical points, establishing corrective actions, developing record-keeping procedures, and establishing verification procedures. This ensures we continue to be provide top-quality produce in the largest food distribution center, Hunts Point Market.
Our inspectors are USDA-trained
- Our inspectors are trained by the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service inspection standards, which is a nationally recognized agency that provides the standardization, testing, and grading of all food products sold in the US and at Hunts Point Produce Market in New York City.
The Hunts Point Market Community:
Aside from everything we do on the inside, E. Armata engages with clients through their website and over a million people in the New York area in their produce terminal alone. We feature plenty of tips our customers can try to stay healthy. For example, we’ve featured articles that discuss the healthy benefits of:
- While eating plain cauliflower can become rather boring, there are many unique ways in which you can prepare cauliflower. This way, you will receive the many benefits of cauliflower, all while enjoying a delicious meal! Pick up some healthy ingredients for these delicious recipes from E. Armata, located in the Hunts Point Hunts Point terminal produce market.
- Eggplants are a great way to lose weight because they are low in calories and carbohydrates but rich in nutrients.you should be consuming 2-3 cups of vegetables a day, and your plate should be half- filled with vegetables at every meal. It is important to make sure your body is receiving enough fruits and vegetables because, without them, your body suffers. As produce distributors located in the Hunts Point Market, we offer a wide variety of delicious and fresh fruits and vegetables.
Aside from offering some healthy advice, we feature plenty of recipes involving our fruit and produce selection. As top produce distributors in the Hunts Point Market we take pride in the large variety of products we have to offer. So we’ve selected some of the healthiest recipes that incorporate our produce for our customers to try:
- Honey-Mustard Chicken and Apples
- Raw Berry Tart with Coconut Cream
- Zucchini Herb Casserole
- Eggplant wraps
- & many others!
Hunts Point Market Entrance Fee
- 8hr. DAY PASS – $3.00 per person
- Car – $2.00
- Van / Pickup Truck – $5.00
- Straight Jobs – $10.00
- Semi’s (4 & 5 Axle) – $30.00
*If asked to pay something different, request a supervisor.
Hunts Point Market Directions
Recent Blog Posts
Our Commitment to Food Safety
At E. Armata Inc., we take pride in being one of the best providers of high-quality produce at the Hunts Point Market located in the city of New York. Food safety and quality control are important in preventing food-borne illnesses such as Escherichia coli O157, Shigella, and Yersinia. At E. Armata Inc., we are GMP-certified as well as a recipient of a 100 percent superior rating through the FDA’s Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP). Our commitment to food safety is evidenced by the practices we’ve implemented. Below are a few ways our team at E. Armata Inc. supplies produce of the highest quality:
We Receive Shipments Daily
We receive fresh shipments daily into our facility and ensure enough time for proper inspection and food quality assessment. This guarantees proper cleanliness and optimizes quality to our customers. We are diligent about the inspection process and take the time to review all products being shipped out to our customers before drop off. All of our quality teams are staffed and managed in-house at E. Armata Inc. and we take pride in offering the freshest produce and largest wholesale options to our clients.
We use temperature-controlled trucks to ensure all products are delivered fresh. This method limits contamination of harmful bacteria and pollution to the products during transport. For example, increased humidity causes increased the risk of spore and fungi production on fruits and vegetables. Our temperature-controlled trucks are chilled and refrigerated to the optimal temperature to ensure safe and quality delivery of products to our customers.
We Keep Thorough Track Of Our Products
At E. Armata Inc., we specifically keep track of all the fresh food products we receive by immediately uploading a picture of them as they are delivered onto our iPad tracking system. This means that we take the extra time to ensure all deliverables are up-to-date in our system to ensure quality.
We Employ an Experienced Quality Control Team
Our employees are trained in Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) quality control. This process consists of seven principles: hazard analysis, identifying critical control points, determining critical limits, monitoring critical points, establishing corrective actions, developing record-keeping procedures, and establishing verification procedures. If you are looking for a produce distributor at the Hunts Point market, our team at E. Armata Inc. is experienced in providing the highest quality to our end consumers.
Our Inspectors Are USDA-Trained
Our inspectors are trained by the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service inspection standards, which is a nationally recognized agency that provides the standardization, testing, and grading of all food products sold in the US. This means that at E. Armata Inc you can rest assured that we are trained to provide our customers with high-quality produce. Contact us if you are interested in our wholesale services delivering the freshest food and vegetable products possible. We ensure quality control of the highest standards and we have the experience behind it. If you are looking for a produce distributor at the Hunts Point market, reach out to us at E. Armata Inc. today or visit us at Hunts Point cooperative market!
Are Eggplants Good For Losing Weight?
According to Choose My Plate, you should be consuming 2-3 cups of vegetables a day, and your plate should be half- filled with vegetables at every meal. It is important to make sure your body is receiving enough fruits and vegetables because, without them, your body suffers. At E.Armata located at the Hunts Point Market, we offer a wide variety of delicious and fresh fruits and vegetables. Eggplants are a great way to lose weight because they are low in calories and carbohydrates but rich in nutrients. They are a healthy vegetable only if they are cooked right; eating Eggplant Parmesan will not help you lose weight because it is fried and topped off with cheese. Boiling or steaming eggplant is a healthier alternative because it only contains 40-50 calories.
Benefits Of Choosing Eggplant
- Helps digestion – Eggplant is rich in fiber so it helps control your blood sugars and lower the risk of heart disease. Eggplants are often referred to as a natural laxative, helping to relieve constipation.
- Helps reduce body fat – Eggplant contains saponin which is known for preventing fat absorption.
- Contains a lot of water – Eggplant contains a lot of water, improving circulation and helping to cleanse the body.
- It is an anti-inflammatory
- Helps lower cholesterol
- Eggplants are packed with many beneficial nutrients- Eggplant is rich in sodium, potassium, and iron.
- Could help fight cancer- Studies have shown that having a fruit and vegetable-filled diet could aid in the prevention of cancer. Fruit and vegetables are linked to the prevention of breast cancer, pancreatic cancer, bladder cancer and more.
- Easy to incorporate into a diet- Eggplant is versatile because of its light taste, allowing it to be added to many different types of food. Eggplant can be sauteed, baked, grilled, steamed, boiled and more. Visit the Hunts Point Market in New York to purchase eggplants of excellent quality. Read more about healthy ways to cook eggplant here.
Here at E. Armata, our family-run wholesaler located in the Hunts Point Market provides our customers with the best quality fruits and vegetables possible. We take pride in the quality of our produce and it is seen through the success of our fourth generation business of wholesale food.
Our Year Round Tropicals Assortment
E. Armata Inc. is a family run business that was one of the first 128 companies to move into the Hunts Point market. Over the years, their core values of honor, quality, and hard work have helped them to grow their inventory while also providing top quality produce to NYC. At E. Armata Inc., our top priority is customer care and service. This is why we strive to provide not only top quality but a variety of produce for our customers. Since we’ve expanded our facility, we’ve imported a full line of tropical fruits and vegetables from South America. By increasing our assortment, we’ve been able to provide a fresh food supply of tropical produce daily for our diverse consumers at the Hunts Point community.
Benefits of Tropical Fruits:
Tropical fruits and vegetables are full of vitamins and minerals that are super healthy! While most people believe tropical fruits are only fresh in the summer, that’s not the case. When shopping with E.Armata Inc. at the Hunts Point Market, you can get fresh tropical produce even in the winter! The health benefits of tropical produce are endless. Just to name a few, here are some reasons you should stock the fridge with some of your tropical favorites:
- They include protein-digesting enzymes that can help reduce inflammation
- They include about ⅓ of your daily vitamin B6 needs
- They’re able to reduce the risk of certain cancers
- They offer a fresh dose of Vitamin C
- They have high levels of antioxidant phenolic compounds that are good for your kidneys
What tropicals can be found at the Hunts Point Market:
At E. Armata Inc. we work towards achieving our goal of complete customer satisfaction every day. By providing a high-quality line of tropical produce year-round, we’re able to offer more than our competition. With our regularly fresh selection, everyone should be able to have tropical fruits and veggies in their kitchen. When you shop or order from E.Armata Inc. at the Hunts Point market you’ll be able to purchase some of these tropicals, while also obtaining their many health benefits:
- Yellow and Green Bananas
- Bananas are loaded with vitamins A, B, C, Potassium, and the amino acid Tryptophan.
- Aloe Vera Leaves
- Filled with good fats, as well as vitamins C, E, B, potassium, and omega-3’s.
- Taro Root
- The white flesh of the coconut is filled with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber.
- Their water is also filled with electrolytes
- A rich source of vitamins, fiber, and carotene that all aid in the digestion process.
If you’re looking for produce, especially tropicals, then E. Armata Inc. is the place to go. With a growing variety of produce, there’s nothing you can’t find. E. Armata doesn’t only offer products to local residents in the city and state of New York, but to regions all over the world. Contact us at New York City’s Hunts Point market to learn more!
The Health Benefits of Herbs
To simplify what a herb is; herbs are the leaves from certain plants that are used for flavor or garnish with a variety of dishes. Herbs can also be used medicinally or in fragrances. If you are in New York city’s food system and are looking for herbs, then you should contact E. Armata Inc.
E. Armata Inc. carries the following herbs:
Herbs can benefit your health in many ways. Both rosemary and sage help with brain function, particularly with your memory. Sage inhibits the breakdown of acetylcholine, which is a chemical in the brain. As we get older acetylcholine levels tend to drop which has been linked to Alzheimer’s. Rosemary is also said to help reduce nasal congestion associated with allergies.
Another herb that has significant health benefits is mint. Peppermint, in particular, may help with the symptoms caused by irritable bowel syndrome. The oil in peppermint acts as an anti-inflammatory medicine. It has been said to reduce nausea, abdominal swelling, and relaxes muscles in the colon which relieves pain during bowel movements. Even when mint is used for aromatherapy, it has also been claimed to reduce nausea.
If you’re in the Hunts Point Market in the New York City economic development corporation, you may consider picking up some basil. Basil is also said to reduce nausea but has other medicinal uses as well. Basil may be help treat skin disorders such as acne when boiled. This method can also be used on insect bites and stings to sooth the affected skin. Basil may also help reduce coughing associated with colds and may reduce your blood pressure as well.
If you’re curious more health benefits from consuming herbs and you are in the Hunts Point Market neighbourhood, then head on down to E. Armata Inc. Contact us today!
Frequently Asked Questions about Hunts Point Produce Market
Where Can I Find A Fresh Produce Distributor Near Me?
- E. Armata serves more than a million people across the U.S, our primary area of distribution is the Northeast but we can ship all over.
What is E. Armata?
- We are a family run fruit and produce wholesaler in the Hunts Point Market who has been servicing the tri-state area for over 100 years.
When did E. Armata Start?
- With a modest start in Manhattan at the Washington Street Market, E. Armata is now one of the largest wholesalers operating in Hunts Point and is proud to now be in the 4th generation stage.
What Types of Produce Does E. Armata Offer Customers?
- Our produce distributor offers Berries, Eastern Vegetables, Fruit, Herbs, Melons, Mushrooms, Potatoes, Onions, Carrots, Salads, Tomatoes, Western Vegetables, and more and more to people in the New York area.
Where Does E. Armata Acquire Their Produce?
- Whether it be a product of USA or imported, we are sure to fulfill our customers’ needs with the best fruit possible coming from top shippers and growers.
Where Is E. Armata Located?
- We are located in the Hunts Point terminal produce cooperative. Our address is 114 NYC Terminal Market Bronx, NY 10474-7303. Our new facility consists of over 60,000 square feet of temperature controlled storage.
How Can I Contact E. Armata?
- Please visit our website or give us a call at 1.718.991.5600. You can also send us an email to the following address: email@example.com.