It’s almost that time of year again; Apple season is coming! Choosing the right apple can be a difficult task at times. Since each apple has different colors, flavors, and textures; each good for their own purposes like cooking and baking it can be tough to know what Apple is good for what recipe and when it is the best time to buy what type of apple. When purchasing apples always make sure you are buying the best quality apple and at E. Armata, a produce suppliers, you will always get the freshest, highest quality apples around!
The Growth Cycle Of An Apple
An apple growth cycle starts with an apple seed being planted in the soil, either by nature or a person planting the seed. The apple seed will then need water and sunlight for it to grow into a tree. The tree will begin to produce blossoms, and with the help of bees, these blossoms will turn into apples. The apple will grow into a juicy fruit!
Types of Apples
Since every apple has different flavors, uses, and the best time of the season it can be hard to know when it is the best time for each apple! Here is a guide to some of the most popular types of apples:
- Granny Smith– Theses apples are known for their bright green skin. Granny Smith apples are tart and crisp with a firm texture that holds well when baked. These are the best apples for apple pie and are best in mid to late October!
- Fuji– Fuji apples have become an extremely popular apple, they are known to be crisp and sweet apples that are perfect for salads, sandwiches, and slaws. The best time for these apples is in mid to late October.
- Golden Delicious– With a bright yellow color and soft texture, Golden Delicious are ideal for salads since they do not brown quickly. However, they do tend to bruise easily so make sure to use them right away! These apples are best in mid to late September.
- Red Delicious– Red Delicious apples are known for their deep red color, they have a slightly mealy texture that doesn’t cook well. However, these are one of the more popular types of apples since they have great flavor and best eaten raw. These apples are best in mid to late September.
E. Armata – Produce Suppliers
While making sure you are picking the right apple can be tough, a great way to know if you are getting the best apple is the buy apples for E. Armata. E. Armata, produce suppliers, always has the best quality of apples and other produce!
Broccoli has many health benefits including its ability to improve digestion, lower cholesterol and fight cancer. Broccoli is rich innutrients that help cleanse the body, lower blood pressure and help fight inflammation. Our produce suppliers at E. Armata source freshly grown broccoli that is of excellent quality. Below are some other benefits broccoli have to offer.
Additional Benefits of Broccoli
- Improves metabolism
- Detoxifies the body
- Prevents heart disease
- Improves bone and teeth health
- Regulates blood pressure
- Boosts brain and liver health
5 Ways to Cook Broccoli
- Boiling- Known as being the fastest way to cook broccoli, be sure to cool the broccoli quickly, as it will continue to cook after it comes out of the pot.
- Sauteing- Sauteing the broccoli in a large skillet will allow the broccoli to get a delicious, crunchy, brown edge. Sauteing broccoli goes great with other vegetables as well.
- Steam it- To start, fill the steamer basket with an inch or two of water. By putting broccoli in a steamer basket for 3-5 minutes, you will have a quick and delicious snack. Add lemon or seasoning to steamed broccoli for additional flavor!
- Roast it- Lay the broccoli in a baking sheet and roast it with salt, pepper, and olive oil for around 20 minutes. Allow the broccoli to char at the ends, and let sit until it is fully cooled.
- Grill it- A step above roasting the broccoli, grilling the broccoli will give the broccoli an even char all around in less than 10 minutes.
Our produce suppliers have delicious broccoli stalks at excellent quality. Broccoli is a delicious way to stay healthy, and there are many options for cooking it. Read more on delicious recipes with broccoli that will make you want to cook broccoli tonight! Contact E. Armata to learn more about our produce suppliers.
Did you know that brussels sprouts are in season during March? This cruciferous vegetable is low carb, low calorie, and is a nutrient powerhouse! Brussels sprouts are among many delicious and fresh vegetables you can find at the produce suppliers. Our team at E. Armata Inc. would like to share the various health benefits of brussels sprouts with you.
Are Brussels Sprouts a Superfood?
Brussels sprouts have reached a surprising level of popularity in recent years. These vegetables can be purchased at the produce suppliers and can be cooked to make a nutritious main course or side dish. Here are some of the ways that brussels sprouts can benefit your health:
- Antioxidant-Rich – Brussels sprouts are high in antioxidants. Antioxidants reduce oxidative stress in your cells and can help lower your risk of chronic disease. They are also high in kaempferol, potentially helping reduce cancer cell growth, improve heart health, and ease inflammation.
- High in Nutrients – Brussels sprouts are low calorie but high in vitamins, minerals, and fiber. They are especially rich in vitamin K, which is necessary for bone health. Their high fiber content can also help support gut health.
- Helps Regulate Blood Sugar – An increased intake of cruciferous vegetables has been linked to a decreased risk of diabetes. This is probably due to their fiber content and antioxidants regulating blood sugar and insulin levels. Brussels sprouts also contain alpha-lipoic acid that has been studied for its potential to improve insulin function.
It goes to show that brussels sprouts are a healthy and delicious option for supplying your body with crucial nutrients. Creating a balanced diet that incorporates all different types of superfoods, fruits and vegetables can potentially make all the difference in your health! You can find many fresh seasonal produce options at the produce suppliers.
Contact Us: Produce Suppliers
Our team at E. Armata Inc., produce suppliers, has been delivering high-quality superfoods to our customers since 1967! As you can see, there are various health benefits that you can find with brussels sprouts. Be sure to contact our team today to learn more about the multiple superfoods we offer!
Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and it is a time to celebrate with friends, family, and those closest to you. Thanksgiving is all about giving thanks and most importantly feasting on the delicious foods that Thanksgiving offers. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and gravy are the staple foods of Thanksgiving but many other meals could be made during this time, especially all the fall produce that is available at the Produce Suppliers. Fall produce can be incorporated into favorite recipes but also creating new ones to serve for the perfect Thanksgiving feast.
Produce Suppliers offers the best variety of fall produce available. They supply anyone from retailers, restaurants, grocery stores, mom and pop stores to the top supermarkets in the area. During this time of the year, Produce Suppliers offers only the best and freshest fall produce. Their produce comes from all around the world, in planes, boats, trucks to supply you with exactly what you are looking for.
Below is a list of popular fall produce items perfect for Thanksgiving:
Apples– can be used for baked goods such as apple pie, cocktails, or as a topping for savory dishes. Apples can be used in many dishes since they are a versatile fruit.
Pears– can be used for baking or poaching since they hold their shape, pears can also be used in salads.
Cranberries– best when used with other fruits because of their tartness.
Pomegranate– used for a garnish on different meals, can be eaten as a snack or extracted for juice.
Pumpkin– can be used for pumpkin pie, pancakes, cornbread, and more fall recipes. Best to bake full pumpkin first then scoop out the inside.
Figs– great for baking or tossed in a salad.
Brussel Sprouts– can be steamed or roasted, popular side dish veggie.
Butternut Squash– can be subbed for sweet potato, great in soups, or side dishes.
Turnips– can used raw, boiled, steamed, or mashed.
Broccoli– a very popular side dish, can be steamed, baked, and roasted.
Visit The Produce Suppliers
There are many recipes for savory meals and desserts that can be made using the fruits and vegetables mentioned above. Visit the Produce Suppliers to get the freshest, fall produce for your Thanksgiving recipes.
Health Benefits Of Eating Eggplants
Starting this summer, why not make a conscious effort to improve your eating habits? At E. Armata Inc., we understand the importance of incorporating more fruit and vegetables into your diet. That is why we only distribute the highest quality produce to the Produce Suppliers. The next time you travel to this facility, we recommend you purchasing our nutrient-rich eggplants. To learn more about the benefits of eating this vegetable, please consult with a member of our team.
High In Antioxidants
When you choose to consume eggplants, you’ll be eating a vegetable that is high in antioxidants. Antioxidants are substances that work to protect your body from damage caused by what are known as free radicals. They can also help fight against the development of chronic diseases, making eggplants the perfect item to purchase when traveling to the Produce Suppliers.
Reducing The Risk Of Heart Disease
The heart is the most important organ in your body. It is responsible for pumping blood throughout your body, and any issues to it can cause serious complications. That is why keeping your heart protected is so critical. Fortunately, eating eggplants can help maintain good heart health. Studies have shown that those eating eggplants are linked to having lower LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels. High levels of LDL cholesterol and triglycerides can lead to the onset of heart disease, which indicates why eating eggplants can be so beneficial.
Helping With Blood Sugar
Those who are living with blood sugar issues should seriously consider adding more eggplants to their diet. Eggplants are high in fiber, and fiber helps to slow digestion and sugar absorption into the body. Having high blood sugar levels can be devastating to your health, which is why you need to do everything in your power to regulate these issues. By purchasing our eggplants from the Produce Suppliers, you may be able to help manage your blood sugar levels better.
Additional Benefits of Produce Suppliers
Eggplants are one of the most nutritional vegetables that you can purchase. Consuming them comes along with many benefits, which is why you should head over to the Produce Suppliers to pick some up now. Additional benefits of eating eggplants that we have yet to mention can include the following:
- Aides in weight loss.
- It can prevent certain types of cancer.
- Eggplant can be incorporated into many different dishes.
E. Armata Inc. – Produce Suppliers
Here at E. Armata Inc., our team has spent years fostering a commitment to distributing the highest quality of produce available. The next time you visit the Produce Suppliers, consider our wide array of produce, especially if you’re looking for eggplants. For more information on the benefits of eggplants, be sure to contact us today.
Contact Produce Suppliers Todays!