- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Eighteen 1/2-inch-thick slices baguette
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, 1 whole and 1 finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes, plus more for garnish (optional)
- 8 ounces spinach, hard stems removed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Use 2 tablespoons of the oil to brush both sides of the bread slices. Arrange on a baking sheet and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Bake until golden, flipping halfway through, about 7 minutes. While the toasts are hot, rub both sides with the whole garlic clove and return the bread to the baking sheet.
- Toast the pine nuts in a large skillet over medium heat, swirling, until lightly golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes to the skillet and cook, over medium heat and frequently stirring, until the garlic is soft, about 1 minute. In batches, add the spinach, sprinkling with salt after each new addition, until wilted and tender. Transfer to the bowl with the pine nuts, add the lemon zest, and toss well. Drain the mixture in a colander and then roughly chop it.
- Divide the spinach mixture among the toasts and top each with some crumbled goat cheese. Bake just until cheese starts to melt, 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with more red pepper flakes if using and serve warm.
Copyright 2016 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.