Tomatoes are a staple of any garden across the United States because they are such a versatile ingredient! E. Armata Inc.’s produce companies in New York source fresh produce from various regions across the globe, but California is known to have some of the best tomato varieties! Continue reading to discover what kind of tomatoes that are grown in California.
What Kind Of Tomatoes Are Grown In California?
With such a wide range of flavor profiles, it’s no secret that tomatoes are a delicious addition to just about any dish. Tomatoes are highly versatile and can be used for roasting, grilling, sauteing, or enjoyed on their own as a healthy snack. Many tomato varieties are grown in California. Here are the best tomatoes grown in California available from our produce companies in New York:
- Roma Tomatoes – Roma tomatoes are an Italian plum variety that boasts a tangy and fresh flavor. Romas are great for making sauce, tomato paste, or stew.
- Beefsteak Tomatoes – Beefsteak tomatoes are large and juicy tomatoes perfect to use as a base for dips and fresh sauces. Their mild flavor complements several dishes without overpowering them. They can be a great addition to a sandwich too!
- Heirloom Tomatoes – Heirloom tomatoes come in various sizes and vibrant colors and are rich in flavor. These tomatoes can liven up your dishes. Perfect as a side dish or topping for a sandwich or salad, heirloom tomatoes have something for everyone.
- Grape Tomatoes – Crunchy and crisp, grape tomatoes come in various colors, and their flavor ranges from sweet to tangy. Their thick skin helps them hold their texture when cooked, making them a perfect addition to a dinner dish or colorful side.
- Cherry Tomatoes – Cherry tomatoes are a favorite among tomato lovers. Coming in several color varieties, these tomatoes are a cooking staple that will add a burst of flavor to any meal.
The tomato department at E. Armata Inc. is regarded as one of the elite tomato houses and produce companies in New York. We are proud to distribute high-quality tomatoes sourced from California, Florida, Mexico, and Canada. To learn more about our California tomato selection, contact us today!