Looking for a way to warm up during the winter months? Try this Winter Vegetable Soup as your next meal. Filled with all of your favorite veggies to help fill you up!
So how do you make it?
- First, you’ll want to heat up the oil in a dutch oven on medium or high heat.
- From there you’ll throw in the pancetta, onion, and garlic. Let them saute for about 3 minutes.
- Next stir in the squash, red potato, celery, carrots, basil, cinnamon, and thyme. Let 4 minutes pass for those to cook.
- Then throw in the chopped tomatoes
- After cooking the following ingredients you’ll add the chicken broth to bring it to a boil.
- Let it simmer for about 8 minutes.
- After, add in the kale and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Lastly, you’ll add in the beans and let them simmer for 4 minutes or until you feel the potatoes and kale have become tender.
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 oz of chopped pancetta
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 cups of cubed and peeled acorn squash
- 2 cups of diced and peeled red potato
- ½ cup of chopped celery
- ½ cup of chopped carrots
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 can of whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- (28 oz. can)
- 2 cans of fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- (14 ½ oz cans)
- 4 cups of chopped kale
- 1 can of navy beans or any other small white beans rinsed and drained
- (15.5 oz can)