Summer is one of the best times of the year for fruit, and August is National Peach Month! Peaches are the perfect sweet summer treat for a hot day. Other than just being tasty, peaches also have a lot of other benefits such as:
- Contain anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce bad cholesterol
- Helps to prevent cancer
- Helps to improve your skin
- Improves eye health
Peaches contain many vitamins such as C, A, E, and K, making it the perfect healthy summer snack! One peach contains only 38 calories! Come visit Hunts Point Market in the Bronx, New York to get the most optimal and fresh peaches provided by E. Armata.
- Make sure the peach has bright and vibrant colors (bright-reddish orange). If it is green, that means it was picked too early
- Gently squeeze the peach, if the tip starts to give, it is ripe. If the peach is hard and firm, it is not as ripe but can still be eaten depending on preference.
How Should I Store My Peaches?
If you plan to store your peaches in the refrigerator, they can last up to 3 days. If you want to eat them within the first 2 days of purchasing them, store them at room temperature. This will make the peaches sweeter! If the peaches you purchase are unripe, put them in a paper bag with a banana. This will make them ripe in 24 hours!
What Types of Peaches are There?
At E. Armata Inc., we produce three types of peaches. Yellow, white, and donut peaches,
E. Armata’s fruit department is top-notch and is one of our flagship programs. We provide all of our fruit globally including:
- Apples, grapes ,pears, and stone fruit (such as peaches!) from the United States, New Zealand, Chile, and South America
- Citrus from California, Spain, and Morroco
- Exotic fruits from Vietnam, China, and Mexico
We produce over 20 types of high-quality fruit! In honor of National Peach Month, come get some of our peaches provided Hunts Point Market!