This recipe, courtesy of HGTV, is the perfect way to celebrate National Peach Month.
Photo by Mick Telkamp
- 6 cups sliced peaches
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup milk
- Place peaches, cinnamon, 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon of flour together in a large bowl and transfer to an 8” or 10” cast iron skillet already warmed on a burner set to medium heat.
- Cook at medium heat until juices begin to bubble, then remove from heat.
- Combine 1 cup of flour, 1/3 cup sugar, salt, and baking powder in a bowl.
- Cut in butter until it resembles coarse meal.
- Add milk and stir just until the dough comes together.
- Spoon dough in lumps over peaches.
- Bake in a 375-degree oven for 40 minutes or until golden brown.