It can be quite a challenge to incorporate fruits and vegetables in your child’s diet. Whether you are packing your child’s lunch yourself or having them buy school lunch, it is important they are receiving the proper nutrients. You may ask how much is enough for your children. It is recommended that a child receives at least 2 servings of fruit and 3 servings of vegetables each day, however the more fruit and vegetables the better! It is important that a child gets an efficient amount of fruits and vegetables to help promote their growth and strengthen their immune systems. You can find a range of fresh fruits and vegetables for your child provided by E. Armata Inc. located at the Hunts Point Market
How Can Incorporate More Fruits and Vegetables Into Your Child’s School Lunches
Many children are picky eaters, and getting them to eat fruits and vegetables is not easy. It can be hard to make fruits and vegetables appealing to your child. Below are some ways to help your child give fruits and veggies a chance.
- Smoothies– you can put almost any fruit or veggie into a smoothie. Most of the time, your child won’t even be able to taste the vegetables in it!
- Healthy Dip– Dip is the perfect way to introduce your child to a variety of vegetables. You can mix yogurt with seasonings and dip with veggies like broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower.
- Sandwiches & Wraps- Make sure to always incorporate fruits or vegetables into your child’s sandwiches. Vegetables like lettuce, tomato, cucumber on savory sandwiches or bananas and strawberries on a SunButter sandwich for a more sweet sandwich are all great tips.
- Homemade Trail Mix– This is the perfect snack to pack in your child’s lunch box. Mix dried fruits with different kinds of nuts to make a tasty snack to bring your child to school with.
- Dessert – Making homemade desserts like brownies or pudding actually enable you to incorporate veggies. Take a look at this avocado-based pudding recipe or this spinach infused brownie recipe for some inspiration.
These fruit and vegetable incorporated foods are simple ways to get them excited for fruits and vegetables!
E. Armata Inc. is the leading produce wholesaler in the Tri-State area providing our customers with the highest quality produce. Whether you are a large retailer or a small grocer, contact E. Armata Inc. at the Hunts Point Market today to see how we can best serve your customers!