It’s hard to find a vegetable that’s more nutritious than baby spinach. However, it’s hard to find ways to eat it all before it goes bad. Our produce distributors in Massachusetts at E. Armata Inc. receive fresh cello-bagged spinach daily. Our salad department is rotated continuously to offer our customers the best quality and extended shelf life. If you’re looking for ways to use up a bag of baby spinach, continue reading below!
10 Ways to Use a Bag of Baby Spinach
Baby spinach is an extremely healthy and versatile ingredient that can be used to add color, nutrients, and flavor to a variety of dishes. Our produce distributors in Massachusetts would like to help you get inspired with some ideas for how to use up a bag of baby spinach:
- Green Smoothies – Baby spinach has a mild flavor, making it a perfect addition to healthy green smoothies!
- Sauteed Spinach – Sauteed baby spinach is the perfect side dish. Add your baby spinach to a pan with olive oil and garlic.
- Spinach Shots – Wheatgrass shots are popular, but spinach shots are a great alternative. Fresh baby spinach is packed with vitamins, minerals, and chlorophyll, making it a great alternative to wheatgrass. Use a juicer to blend up some baby spinach shots!
- Pesto – Pesto is commonly made with basil, but you can also use spinach. Replace half of the basil with baby spinach, and you won’t notice a difference. Spinach will also help keep your basil green!
- Baking – While spinach may not come to mind when you think of baking, you can make plenty of savory baked spinach dishes that highlight this delicious green. You can also add spinach to cake and brownie recipes for a hidden nutritional boost.
- Spinach Dip – A warm spinach dip is a definite crowd-pleaser. Serve up some creamy baby spinach and artichoke dip with chips or crackers!
- Pasta – Stir some baby spinach into your favorite cream or tomato-based pasta sauce to add color and nutrients to your dish!
- Hummus – Elevate your hummus by adding steamed baby spinach and blend until smooth.
- Eggs – Mix in some baby spinach to your omelet or scrambled eggs to add flavor and vibrant green color.
- Pizza – Saute some fresh baby spinach to put on top of your pizza. This delicious topping has the power to change the minds of spinach haters!
A fresh bag of baby spinach from our produce distributors in Massachusetts can go a long way. Our team at E. Armata Inc. is committed to serving fresh, high-quality baby spinach and other salad offerings to our customers. Contact us today to learn more about baby spinach or for general inquiries.