There’s nothing more delicious than fresh strawberries, which makes it disappointing when a basket of strawberries goes bad within days of purchase. Fortunately, a different washing method can keep strawberries fresh longer in storage. Our wholesale produce distributors in NJ at E. Armata Inc. would like to share some benefits of soaking strawberries in vinegar below. Continue reading to learn more!
Benefits of Soaking Strawberries in Vinegar
Strawberries are one of the most popular fruits available from our wholesale produce distributors in NJ. However, the annoying thing about them is that they tend to only stay fresh for a few days, even when you keep them in the refrigerator. Changing how you wash and store your strawberries can help them last a bit longer, and all you need is a product you likely have in your cabinet already! Apple cider or white vinegar is a versatile product that can change your fruit storage game. Here are some of the advantages of soaking your strawberries in vinegar:
- A mixture of vinegar and water can destroy harmful bacteria and kill off mold spores on the strawberries.
- Vinegar gives berries a thorough cleaning and can get rid of any dirt or little bugs that may be on them.
- Soaking your berries in vinegar won’t affect how they taste.
- This soaking method extends the shelf life of your strawberries.
How To Soak Strawberries In Vinegar
Soaking your strawberries in vinegar is simple and only takes a few steps. Here’s what our wholesale produce distributors in NJ recommend:
- Fill a measuring cup with 1 ½ cups of water and ¼ cup of vinegar. Depending on the amount of strawberries you need to soak, you may need more of the solution.
- Place the solution into a large bowl and let the strawberries soak for around five minutes.
- Drain the berries in a colander and rinse thoroughly with cold water.
- Let the strawberries dry on a paper towel.
- Line your storage container with a dry paper towel. Make sure the berries are thoroughly dried.
- Cover the container, and enjoy fresh strawberries for up to two weeks!
Contact Our Wholesale Produce Distributors in NJ
At E. Armata Inc., our wholesale produce distributors in NJ source the freshest fruits from all over the globe, allowing us to provide all varieties of fruit for our customers year-round. If you are interested in our delicious berry offerings, be sure to contact us today!