Recipe courtesy of foodnetwork.com.
- 4 4-ounce chicken breast cutlets, boneless and skinless
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- ⅓ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 ½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 10 ounces Baby Bella or white button mushrooms, sliced
- ⅓ cup sweet marsala wine
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Have the chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and, using a meat mallet, pound until ⅓ in. thick. Then, season with about ¼ tsp salt and black pepper.
- Spread your flour in a medium plate or bowl and dredge the chicken, making sure it is coated in the flour. Heat your oil in a large non-stick pan in medium-high heat. Then, when the oil is nice and hot, fry the chicken until it is fully cooked and golden brown (4 minutes per side) and transfer the chicken to a serving plate.
- Add ½ cup of your broth, rosemary, and tomatoes to the skillet with the drippings. Cook for about a minute, stirring frequently, to plumpen the tomatoes. Add the mushrooms, ¼ tsp salt, and ½ tsp pepper and cook to soften the tomatoes, about 5 minutes. Add your Marsala and boil your sauce. Once boiling, add the remaining broth and your butter and simmer. When the butter is fully melted and incorporated your sauce is done!
- To serve, spoon your mushroom Marsala sauce over your chicken generously, sprinkle with parsley and enjoy!