- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 4 carambolas (star fruit); (about 1 1/4 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons ginger syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 1/2 cup lemon-lime-flavored sparkling water, chilled
- Carambola slices (optional)
Place pineapple juice and carambola slices in a blender; process until smooth. Pour mixture through a sieve into a pitcher to measure 2 cups. Discard solids. Stir in ginger syrup and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate 45 minutes or until thoroughly chilled.
Fill each of 2 glasses with 1 cup crushed ice. Pour star fruit mixture over ice. Add 1/4 cup sparkling water to each glass. Garnish with carambola slices, if desired.