As the warmer weather season comes around, many customers flock to the Hunts Point Market to round up high-quality seasonal produce to cook and eat with what’s fresh and flavorful. At E. Armata Inc., we always have a new selection of produce available. Buying fruits that are in this season this spring will taste better and cost less. Continue reading to discover the fruits that are in season this spring!
While it’s standard to find most fruits and vegetables at any time of the year, choosing seasonal fruits from the Hunts Point Market is always the best option. Purchasing seasonal fruits is not only financially beneficial but there are several health benefits associated with eating fresh, seasonal fruits. Our team would like to share a seasonal fruit guide to help you discover what’s at peak flavor and freshness:
- Meyer Lemon – Meyer lemons are a sweeter lemon variety that can be a delicious addition to fruit salads, desserts, and cocktails.
- Cherries – Cherries have a short growing season from May to June. This nutritious and delicious fruit is a perfect addition to a pie or can be enjoyed as a healthy snack!
- Pineapple – This tropical fruit is best during the spring season. Loaded with nutrients and antioxidants, enjoy them in desserts, dinners, or raw!
- Strawberries – Strawberries can be found all year round but taste best during the mid to late spring. These delicious berries have a strong, vibrant color and fragrant taste, so enjoy them at their best this season!
- Rhubarb – Rhubarb signals the arrival of spring, and these bright red stalks are delicious and tart in several desserts. However, avoid eating the leaves as they are toxic.
- Honeydew – Honeydew melon has a long season that starts in May. This colorful and delicious melon is a welcome addition to any fruit salad and is an excellent source of potassium!
Contact The Hunts Point Market
When you shop for seasonal fruits at the Hunts Point Market, you can be sure that you are receiving top-quality produce from our team at E. Armata Inc. We pride ourselves on our relationships with growers and farmers and our ability to serve high-quality fruits and vegetables to our loyal customers. Be sure to contact us today to learn more about what’s in season this spring!