Vegetables and fruits are a great way to bring the season’s bounty into the kitchen and onto the plates of hungry customers. With so much variety available, there are plenty of avenues of culinary exploration. E. Armata Inc. is a wholesale food distributor at the Hunts Point Market that provides quality products to restaurant owners! Continue reading to discover the most popular vegetables and fruits restaurants use!
Top 10 Fruits and Vegetables Used By Restaurants
Trends in the restaurant industry are constantly changing, so it’s essential to stay ahead of the competition and provide the best quality fruits and vegetables to your customers. Buying wholesale produce at the Hunts Point Market is a great way to ensure you get high-quality produce at a great price. Here are some of the top vegetables and fruits restaurants use:
- Leafy Greens – Kale, spinach, mesclun greens, and other greens are restaurant staples for salads and delicious sides.
- Heirloom Fruits and Vegetables – Heirloom fruits and vegetables like tomatoes and rainbow carrots can freshen up your menu and stand out to guests looking for the latest culinary trends.
- Herbs – Herbs can be a great addition to your food and cocktail menus. Refresh your menu by adding herbs like basil, mint, and parsley from the Hunts Point Market.
- Tropical Fruits – Tropical fruits like pineapple and coconut have become popular and commonplace in the restaurant industry. You can add these fruits to your dishes and cocktails to provide a unique experience to your guests.
- Superfruits – Superfruits like acai and goji berries are packed with healthy antioxidants that customers crave.
- Hybrids – Many fruits and vegetables like tomatoes, melons, corn, and carrots are hybridized and have become quite popular. Consider spicing up your menu with innovative hybrid fruits and vegetables.
- Avocados – Avocados have had a recent surge in popularity. From avocado toast to fresh guacamole, incorporating avocados into your menu will surely impress your customers.
- Legumes – Beans and legumes like chickpeas and lentils are a healthy vegetarian source of protein that can be an excellent replacement for meat for plant-based customers!
- Brussels Sprouts – Brussels sprouts may not have always been a fan favorite, but this cruciferous vegetable has grown in popularity among restaurants. Try roasting them with bacon, shallots, or pine nuts!
- Nuts – Nuts are used in various roles, including baking, as a snack, or as a flavoring. Nuts have seen a dramatic increase in use and popularity in restaurants all across the globe!
Contact Us At The Hunts Point Market
Having a well-thought-out menu that includes popular vegetables and fruits can make a significant difference for your guests. E. Armata Inc. is one of the largest wholesale operations at the Hunts Point Market. Our vast selection of fruits and vegetables is sure to satisfy your customers and keep you on top of the latest restaurant trends. To learn more about our products and operation, be sure to contact us today!