With so many fruits and vegetables being imported from different regions, it can be difficult to know what produce is in season around your business. These days, consumers are willing to pay more for local and organic produce, so it’s essential to familiarize yourself with your region’s seasonal produce cycles. Our wholesale produce distributors in NJ at E. Armata Inc. have developed relationships with growers and farmers across the country. As one of the largest wholesalers at the Hunts Point Produce Market, we can supply your business with fresh produce from around the world. Continue reading to discover seasonal fruits and vegetables available in your region during the winter.
Seasonal Fruits and Vegetables By Region
Whether you operate a restaurant or bar, your business stands to benefit from using in-season produce. Our wholesale produce distributors in NJ would like to share some seasonal fruits and vegetables available by region:
- Northeast Region – Due to freezing temperatures and snow, parsnips and mushrooms are generally the only options available in this region during the winter. Our wholesale produce distributors in NJ can import all of your winter produce needs.
- Midwest – Similar to the Northeast, there aren’t many winter seasonal produce options to choose from during this season in the Midwest. Mushrooms are always bountiful in this region during the winter.
- Northwest – During the winter, the Northwest is one of the best regions to procure winter root vegetables. You can find plenty of carrots, beets, fennel, leeks, turnips, potatoes, cabbages, and brussels sprouts. Clementines are a unique winter fruit available in the Northwest during this time.
- Southwest – If your restaurant needs citrus throughout the winter, the Southwest is the place to procure fruits. This region boasts everything from oranges, lemons, and grapefruits to delicious strawberries. You’ll also find plenty of avocados, broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots.
- South – There is an abundance of citrus fruits like grapefruits and oranges in the South during the winter. You’ll also find leafy greens like kale, spinach, lettuce, and collards. Apples are also plentiful in the South during the winter.
Contact Our Hunts Point Produce Market
Learning what produce is available and in season in your region is essential if you want to use fresh ingredients and create the most delicious dishes possible. At E. Armata Inc., our wholesale produce distributors in NJ are committed to meeting all of our customer’s needs. To learn more about seasonal produce or for general inquiries, be sure to contact us today!