This vegetarian side dish is perfect for any party or dinner.
Total Prep and Cook Time: 60 Minutes. Serves Six.
- 1/3 cup white rice
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, sliced into cubes
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups sliced tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Combine the rice and water in a saucepan. Bring the mix to a boil, then decrease heat to low, place a cover on top and let simmer 20 minutes, or until rice is cooked tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a shallow deep glass dish.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over moderate heat, and cook the zucchini, green onions, and garlic 5 minutes, or until tender. Dress with garlic salt, basil, paprika, and oregano. Add in the rice, tomatoes, and 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Continue to cook and stir until heated consistently. Transfer to the arranged glass dish. Top the dish with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese begins to bubble or soften.