Summer is just around the corner and fresh fruits are ready to be harvested! Time to get out the cookbook and dice up some healthy meals to enjoy with friends and family for any occasion. Packed with E.Armata’s fresh, healthy produce, this Fruit Salad with Citrus-Basil Syrup Recipe welcomes all palates. Total cook and prep time is 45 minutes and serves 6.
- 1 cup of water
- ½ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of firmly pressed fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon of orange zest
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- ½ pounds of peaches, peeled and sliced
- ½ pounds of plums, sliced
- 1 pound of apricots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil
Bring water and sugar to a boil over medium heat.
Remove from heat and stir in ¼ cup of firmly packed basil leaves, orange zest, and lemon zest. Let stand for 20 minutes.
Combine plums, peaches, and apricots in a bowl. Pour the sugar mixture through a fine-meshed wire strainer into a bowl, and dispose of the solid pieces.
Stir ¼ to ½ cup syrup and 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped basil into the fruit. Combine and you’re finished! A yummy, healthy, and fresh snack for the whole family to enjoy!