Photo & Recipe Courtesy Studioist
Yield: 1 large salad
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, additional to taste
- 2 tbsp papaya seeds
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 head of Green Leaf lettuce, washed, dried and chopped
- 8 oz fresh baby spinach, washed, dried and chopped
- 1 ripe papaya, peeled, halved and seeds removed
- 2 large avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- Blend all dressing ingredients until papaya seeds become fine ground.
- Store dressing in the fridge until ready to toss and serve.
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Gently toss with dressing (amount to taste) and serve immediately.