Our first time exhibiting at The New York Produce Show – 2018 was a success! Thank you to everyone who visited our booths. It was a great meeting with those who make doing business a pleasure year-round as well as the new relationships we formed. Having the opportunity to showcase our brand new website, tropicals department, and E. Armata brand labels as our long-standing relationships with growers and shippers have enabled us to carry an extensive assortment of products year-round.
Facts About the Hunts Point Market – New York Produce
- Hunts Point Market began in 1962 in the south Bronx. Starting at just 40 acres, space is now 60 acres long and covers approximately 700,000 square feet of refrigeration. The market contains seven refrigerated and freezer buildings that are governed by the United States Department of Agriculture.
- In June of 2011, the City of New York and the New York City Economic Development Corp. (NYCEDC) agreed to extend the Hunts Point Market lease by three years. Their support was very significant for the growth and the history of Hunts Point Market.
- The NYCEDC continued to work with the Hunts Point Terminal Produce Cooperative to develop a more long-term and modernized facility.
- The City and the State agreed to contribute money and work with the Produce Cooperative to secure additional third-party sources of funding.
- Hunts Point Terminal Produce Market, aka “The Market,” is responsible for 60% of the daily stock for all of New York City’s residents. The market is also is responsible for feeding 30 million people within the region.
- The Hunts Point Market is made up of 3 separate markets:
- Hunts Point Cooperative Meat Market
- Hunts Point Terminal Produce Market
- New Fulton Fish Market.
Who We Are:
E. Armata Inc, a New York Produce Distributor operates out of Hunts Point Market, New York as a 4th generation wholesaler. We work with growers and shippers to sell to a variety of grocers, institutional/restaurant suppliers, wholesalers, and retailers. Our top priority is to ensure that our customers are provided with the best quality product and service possible.
What We Believe:
As a family-run fruit and produce wholesaler, our mission is to provide our customers with the best fruit and produce. Our focus is to continue to build strong relationships with our grower/shippers, customers, and employees. We place value on having the highest quality products, rewarding integrity, and providing customers with the best produce and service.
If you are interested in learning more about us and our history, contact us today!